Chapter 2

People were chanting, some singing, some yelling, all too drunk to be understood.

Enya danced through a cloud of orange-flavored smoke, suddenly leaning against the young man closest to her and giving him all her weight as he dipped her.

One could say, she either trusted him, or wanted to fall.

Her head spins as she straightens back up, moving to twirl but getting stopped by the random local's hand pulling her back in.

"Enya..." he sighs, when the girl's well manicured hand slithered up, pressing a finger to the mans lips before he could finish his sentence.  "Didn't anyone tell you?" She smirked alluringly, her voice laced with temptation, velvety seduction. "Your time with me expired."

A hot breath expunged itself through her nostrils before she transposed her weight to her other foot, and pushed him off of her, a small, melodic laugh escaping her as she smoothly stepped back, only for her to bump into somebody else.

"I'm sorry." She turns with a smile, skirt flaring as she does.

It was then that she came face to face with him.

Her eyes go to his mouth first; perfect white teeth, a grin that hitches to one side a bit, a jaw lined with enough shadow to show the promise of a beard. But instead he's clean-shaven.

Her gaze then moves to his own next; blue eyes that glint like polished steel, crinkling at the corners as he grins at her. There's something so kind in his eyes, something warm and inviting that leaves her standing there stock-still, mouth gaped like a fish on dry land.

"Not forgiven— unless you give me your name, that is." He remarked, eyes tinged with the same honeyed warmth coating his smile as he tipped his head in a lighthearted nod.

Sometimes, a moment is so remarkable that it carves out a space in time and spins there, while the world rushes around it.

This was one as such.

The brunette tilts her head to the side, rosy lips twitching. "But you know my name."

Everyone knows her name.

"I just learnt it." His accent was like honey on bronze.

"You know my name, but I don't know yours."

"Coriolanus Snow" He said softly, over the music. But she heard him nonetheless.

"Coriolanus." Enya repeated meditatively, lingering over the syllables of his name. She shrugged, twisting a smooth curl of hair around her fingers, to the visible annoyance of one of the girls in the crowd, whose fussing ministrations had produced nothing like the bounce and gleam that Enya's effortless coiffing did.

"Coryo, for short." He winked, blocking a drunk guy with his arm and preventing him from bumping into them.

Coriolanus couldn't look at Enya and deny that she belonged to this room. She does not exactly match the atmosphere, for that would imply that she blends in.

No, Enya was as stunning as ever, and it is the atmosphere that complimented her, not the other way around. He cannot tell if she was made for this place or if this place was built long ago in the hopes that, by the time Enya was born, that it would be even the slightest bit worthy of being her backdrop.