Chapter 7

Sometimes, Enya just liked to take her time to think.

Even if it's not about much, she values the personal reflection and the moments she's able to slow down — and perhaps this is where her own surprisingly introverted self comes alive.

And now that she felt a bit more nourished — because maybe she wanted to squeeze in a quick and cheeky bite beforehand (the sweet old man down the street from Marta's house always gave her a piece of bread when he saw her) — she began picking up a couple stones along the way before deciding on a pleasant spot near the lake.

At this point, skipping rocks just felt like second nature to her, almost like a very unnecessary and unhelpful skill. Picking up the hobby over the years, the mindless gesture just felt comforting now. A bit nostalgic even.

Sitting with her thoughts for a couple moments, a very specific scent (roses) took her out of them briefly and as the scent approached her, she decided to tilt her head up out of curiosity, small smile growing as she recognized the other.

One she definitely didn't see herself forgetting any time soon.

"Coriolanus." She greeted, the breeze toying irresistibly with a curl that had tumbled over her forehead.

"Enya Fedorov." His eyelashes seemed to dance when he blinked— he looked almost too perfect to be a peacemaker, and Enya was completely disarmed for a moment. She took a few moments to gather her thoughts and remember what she was going to say.

"How did you find out about this place ? I usually come here once a week , to clear my head. " she paused as a small laugh falls freely, then clears her throat. "Don't know if it's working but , I like to think it is"

"I enjoy exploring." Is all he offers at first, not looking up at her again just yet , keeping his gaze trained ahead of them both .

A particularly strong gust of wind whips around them, prompting his instinctive reaction to stand a little stronger. He turns to face her, the corners of his mouth finally lifting in something soft and light-hearted. "I didn't mean to intrude," he says, his tone carrying a sense of apology. "Wouldn't want to be the one responsible for a head too full. I mean, this was your spot first."

She flashes a bashful smile before tossing the stone in her hand, flicking her wrist in a casually calculated way — the gesture second nature to her at this point. "I don't mind sharing"

That made the blond smile.

"So...how's everything been treating you?" She turns to ask, this time offering her own stone to the other for him to try.

Just for a moment, Coryo's eyes flicker away, then back to the friendly face awaiting an answer. "splendidly,"   he says, his warm smile slipping into something a little dishonest,  a little shrouded.  " you know, the usual."

"You miss your home don't you?" She asks as she lowers her gaze, crouching down and picking up another stone.

"It's...complicated." He trails off, frowning slightly as he looks down at the stone in his hand, then towards Enya as she smoothly skips her own.

"What do you mean?" Hazel pools poured into sapphire as she urged him to elaborate.

"Well..." his voice danced on the edge of silence as he delicately grazed his tongue over his lower lip. A momentary pause hung in the air, pregnant with anticipation. "I was sent here as punishment."

The sudden admission only made Enya more confused.

"For what?"