Chapter 5

Everyone knew who Enya Fedorov was.

District twelve's beloved child.

The girl had been found, dumped in front of Marta Canville's rundown house, Raze's mother, and no one in the district had any idea how she'd ended up there.

The only information they had on her was the name embroiled in her blanket.

'Enya'

That day, the district had suffered a tragic loss, Michelle Fedorov, who was hanged after being accused of leading another Rebellion.

And so, in memory of that fierce woman, everyone agreed on bestowing her last name upon the child.

And that day, Enya Fedorov, figuratively, came into the world.

She'd never been adopted. Everyone had been taking care of her in turn until the day she became a teenager, which by then, Marta and Raze had insisted upon her living with them from then on.

Marta doted upon her like a real mother would.

Shared with her the bare scrape of food she managed to acquire.

Yes indeed, everyone knew Enya Fedorov.

As a child, she's always been very active. Always moving around, jumping, running, climbing trees while Raze yelled for her to come down.

And whenever she heard music...there was no stopping her feet from carrying her in the wildest of dances, not carefree like the wind— but more like...untameable, like a roaring fire.

The world yields beautiful and strange melodies everywhere, and Enya's ear is always tuned to them, ready to pluck them out and settle them in her heart.

She remembers getting teased by Raze for being all scrawny when they were younger.

"You're about as weak as this match." The boy had held it burning for a moment, watching the stick contort as it blackens, before blowing it out.

"But given the right conditions, you could burn a house down, couldn't you?"

Fire.

Something else Enya was known for, aside from her agility and love for dancing, was her speed.

She'd never lost a game of tag in her life. Ever. It was as though her feet never got tired, as though she could catch the sun with her hand if she wished so.

She feels the presence of another sit beside her, in the hob — becoming aware of Raze Canville long before she has to look up to see him.

His presence is as familiar to her as the back of her own hand — his path having been entwined with hers for so long that it became almost impossible to disentangle them from one another, to trace back their stories far enough to see where they had first collided.

It was rare for Enya to find someone interesting after so long in their company, and yet Raze still remained one of her favourite people to talk to — one of the first she would think to turn to in a crisis.

"You've been glancing around for twenty minutes now, anyone you're looking for?" He asked with a raised brow as he took a swig from his glass.

"Have you seen a posh looking blond peacekeeper by any chance?" She mused absentmindedly , tilting her head to the side as she continued to scan the crowd, Lucy Gray's music spilled a comfortable ambiance in the room. 

"Peacemaker?" Raze spat as though the word itself tasted like bile on his tongue.

"His name is Coriolanus, he's different, Raze."