Chapter 8

She'd been at ease, her body sculpted to the music. What she couldn't express with words, she expressed with her body.

She let her friend's music flow through her limbs. Enya Fedorov often said to herself that she was being paid to do something that she enjoyed doing, and she would do it for free, because it just felt so good doing it.

She was swaying and undulating in a way that mirrored the movements of a dancing flame.

Her hips moved smoothly, swaying side to side in sync with the music's beat, arms tracing arcs through the air, complementing the rhythmic steps and twists of her legs.

She made eye contact with Lucy Gray through the crowd that had formed around her and smiled, causing the singer to smile back, albeit more strained, not that Enya noticed. 

She was too focused on her footsteps. Dancing liberated her, made her feel as if her body had a reason to be.

She loved the adrenaline. She loved the feeling of her head spinning. She loved how the speed made her cheeks flush. She loved her long hair and the way it whirled around following her swift movements.

Enya Fedorov loved life.

And life loved her back.

"What are you reading?" The brunette asked as she came up behind Raze, still a little out of breath from all the dancing.

The eighteen year old briefly glanced over at her from under his dark curls, then at his book, before having the audacity to smirk widely.

"Here, find out for yourself." He hummed, eyebrows raising suggestively, which caused Enya to immediately scrunch up her face in disgust.

"Never mind, your expression just told me everything I needed to know." She bit out, pointedly staring away from the male.

"Don't act like you haven't read one of these before. We all did." Raze rolled his eyes, snapping his book shut and putting it on the wall counter behind him.

"Never." Enya scoffed, taking a seat on the stool next to him. The voices of the locals around them raised in chorus to Lucy Gray's song, some of them passing by the two and giving Enya an enthusiastic wave , which she responded to with a wink and a raised cup.

"Uh huh. I see that your goody-two-shoes peacemaker friend isn't quite the crowd's favourite." He suddenly grins, nodding toward the far end of the hob.

Enya's gaze moved toward where he was looking, hazel hues falling on Coriolanus' form, leaning against the wall and giving a dead stare to some guy , while a couple locals walked carefully around him.

"He's not like the others, Raze." Enya sighed, frowning exasperatedly as she turned to her friend. If Raze just knew exactly all that Coryo had done for their friend, for everyone, he wouldn't be saying that.

Her words made Raze turn at once to look at her, staring into her eyes with an intensity that bordered on alarm. "I don't trust him."

"You don't trust any guy." Enya scoffed, narrowing her eyes at him.

"Rightfully so." Raze responded, leaning back with a satisfied air around him that made him look as though he'd just solved world hunger. "Men are pigs"

Enya eyed him up and down meaningfully.

"Except for me, of course." He swiftly added.

"That goes without saying." Sarcasm dripped off her tone, which only caused Raze's grin to widen, before completely slipping off his face when his gaze fell on whoever was behind her.