ᴏɴᴇ

"Dad?" I call out immediately the door closed behind me

"Mhm."

"Dad, can you see what's happening?" I ask without lifting my head from the laptop, gripping it like my life depends on this. It technically does.

I switch tabs, trying to see if there was hope on the charts but everything was crashing.

"Dad! say something." I snap, wondering why the hell he isn't panicking.

Our company is literally crumbling and he's just staring at his desk.

He might be the president of the company but I'm the one handling and basically managing this company for the past few years. I can't just sit still and watch it crumble. Never ever.

"Isa," he looks up and my heart drops. "is there any way to solve this?"

With his glassy eyes, he looks so vulnerable—too vulnerable.

I've only ever seen my father look so lost and broken twice in my life. First was when we got the news of my mother's accident and the second was when I was almost hurt when I went partying with friends a couple of years back.

"Dad—"

"Your mum and I built this company from the scratch Isa," his voice cracks and my heart breaks. "I can't afford disappoint her because of my incompetence."

He wasn't even concerned about the fact that the company was crumbling, he's scared of letting my mother down.

Victor Hernàndez, who controlled and managed the company with a strong fist is being vulnerable because he's scared of disappointing the love of his life.

I pinch the bridge of my nose, a migraine forming at the back of my head. "Dad, it's not your fault, none of this is our faults. This is all because of that damn influencer."

One thing I've learned today is not to believe everything shown on social media. Pretty faces doesn't equal pretty hearts. We offered an influencer/model a paid promotion for our newest product and thinking the marketing was going smoothly, she pulls out last minute making an announcement of how the Ández companies doesn't live up to it's 'word' and leaking the product to the public before release day. Competitive companies snagged up the idea, rendering our blueprints useless.

To top that, we were just days away from the acquisition—or as my father likes to call it—merge of a luxury brand that we had a large portion in, was being investigated for corruption and fraud leaving us high and dry and to top it all, the CEO Brandy was rushed to the hospital for drug overdose. For fucks sake! Stocks were in free fall which means our position were declining by the minute. To make it worse, one of our major stakeholder that held about 35% of the company's stock withdrew his shares just because he found his calling.

"Stocks are falling Isa," my dad states the obvious, eyes on the monitor as he clicks his mouse repeatedly. "Shareholders are pulling out all of their shares, if this continues..."