Chapter 15 : Curiosity

A few months pass. I was getting stronger, and was growing closer to graduation. Niles did help me out some, even if there were times where he'd tease me. But his teachings were rather helpful. On this one day, after training, Niles handed me a water bottle and smiled.
"Good work. You're getting better."
"Thanks."
I opened the water bottle and took a big drink of it. Niles began to think of something to chat about.
"So, you see that box club or whatever?"
"Yeah."
"Well, I got to talk with the leader of the club and we've gotten well acquainted. However, I can say that they are pretty fucking weird."
"Hey, don't be rude." I gave him a look.
"No, I'm serious. Come with me."
He took my wrist and dragged me toward all the inside of the school. I nearly dropped my water bottle but kept it held in my hand.
"Wait, what if they don't let us in?"
"Dont worry, if they're there when we get there, I'll deal with it."
Soon enough, we reached the box club room. Niles slowly opened the door and looked inside. I stared at his arm the whole time. Even then, I was still confused on why his arm possibly regenerated. But then again, Axol had told me that his arms started to regenerate over the course of weeks after I chopped his arms off, so maybe it was the same with Niles. Then, he nodded to me.
"Okay, coast is clear."
We both headed inside. I was surprised to see that the club room's interior looked like what a cult would reside in.
"Oh my."
"See, told you. Weirdos, I tell you."
Then we heard a voice behind us.
"Hey! You aren't supposed to be here!"
We turned around and saw a man with a box covering his head. It wasn't the leader, however. I saw what the leader looked like, and this wasn't him.
"Sorry, sir, we're just exploring-"
Before I knew it, the poor dude suddenly froze, his body growing limp and falling down. My blood ran cold at the sight and I slowly turned to Niles, whose eyes went completely purple. They faded back to normal.
"There. Problem solved."
He then looked at me and saw the fear in my eyes.
"Don't worry, he isn't dead. He just passed out. He'll be fine. And most importantly.."
He placed a finger over his lips.
"He won't tell anyone we were here."
I took a breath and spoke. "I guess that's somewhat of a relief. But you didn't need to do that. We could've just apologized and left."
"See, Melony, the thing about being a warrior is that you can't be too nice to your enemy. Even if you believe they're human like you, you can't let them win you over with humanity."
He walked away without another word.

That night, in my dorm room, I decided to call Axol from my laptop and tell him about my progress. He congratulated me for my dedication to the work. And then I told him about what Niles had done and said to me.
"So, earlier, Niles showed me this box club's room, and we both agreed that it looked like a cult had been in there or something, and this guy comes along and Niles just knocks him out. And then he just says I shouldn't be too nice to the enemy because I wanted to just apologize to the poor guy and leave."
"Well, Melony, I do agree that that is kinda overboard, but why do you think they referred to that club as an 'enemy'?"
"That's what I'm wondering. If I'm not overthinking this, I think there's something sinister happening in that club. And I'll try to figure out what's going on."
Axol nodded.
"Alright. But please be careful."
"I will, don't worry. I'm much stronger now! If anything tries anything, I'll kick their butt!"
I flex the muscles on my right arm. Axol laughs. We continued to talk for a while until we grew tired. We said our goodbyes for the night and I laid down in my bed. One thought stuck with me right until I closed my eyes. A ridiculous thought, but it still stuck with me regardless.

Would that club have something to do with the hands in the sky?