Chapter 16 : No Surprises

When I woke up, I looked out a nearby window to watch the hands in the sky. The moon stood still above them, and it made it look as if those hands were worshipping the sun and moon. It looked cool, but I still had my suspicions regardless. I was going to figure out why they were there, one way or another, and hope the Box Club has something to do with it so this can be an easy mission. After school and a very awkward training session, I snuck back down to the clubroom. The door was rather heavy when I had opened it. Inside, I saw a person with a long black robe and a box for a helmet pacing around the room. They were muttering to themselves. I made sure to not make my presence noticeable.
"There's no way this can work. For fuck's sake-"
We both heard something crash nearby. The person turned to the source of the noise.
"Who's there?"
Silence. They didn't notice, but my eyes widened as I saw who was behind them. It was Eveline. At first I was confused, but that confusion fell into pure shock as she brought the person in front of her and held a scalpel to their neck.
"Did I hear you doubt his ambition?"
The person shook their head no. But Eveline frowned.
"Trick question, asshat. I know you're lying. Now I suggest you sit down and behave."
Her eyes were quick to dart in my direction. Suddenly, she disappeared and I had felt a hand press against my head, about to slam my face into the concrete floor.
"That goes for you too."
I felt the blood in me pump twice as fast as I struggled in her grasp. Until it all stopped as I heard someone, a familiar male voice.
"Leave her, Eveline. She's mine to handle."
I turned to see who spoke. Standing near the stairs, was Niles. He just stood there, his finger hovering in front of his lips.
"Shh. It's okay."

[Author's note: Short chapter I know but this is all I could come up with ;-;]