Chapter 1

Summer was almost coming to it's end. With the leaves falling off the trees and covering the streets, the winds were already chilly at night but warm enough at daylight for one to wear something light and just vibe with the changing weather and clocks were to be set back for daylight savings. To sum it all up, fall was already on its way.

It was only after a few weeks everyone in Brooklyn was already preparing for Halloween and it was a sight to be appreciated. Three weeks had left but the decorations in shops, malls, buildings and even the streets were admirable.

Fall could be such a cozy, comfortable and healing season for those who had someone to lay by their side on the bed every morning they woke up, on the  dinner table with all the thanksgiving food with their loved ones, kids and friends. However, in the eyes of a 32 years old Choi Hyunsuk, a single working parent providing for two chaotic children, it felt like a fever dream. It had been 6 years since he had a proper meal let alone thanksgiving dinner with his kids. As much as he felt bad not being able to spend time with his kids, he had no other choice.

The busy fellow had a small boutique where he sold a few designer clothes but the place was still a hit. It was because Hyunsuk mostly sold his self  made designer clothing and though people were skeptical at first, they eventually fell in  love with his ideas, style and high quality materials. Tourists were the most to come, look around and buy a bunch of pieces as souvenirs. He had three part timers working for him but regarding how high quality his pieces were, they were always time consuming and expensive to work with.

Hyunsuk had only started a few years ago but he was able to do good and pay the bills and checks on time, bring food to the table and send his kids to school. He was living a pretty decent life aside from the fact that he was working most of his time but still the man needed to step up. He was  worried if he'll be able to provide for his children when they grow up. It was easy now because they were just kids but as they grow, expenses will surely increase.

He needed someone to buy stocks, deal a partnership with a big company and probably start to make big money. Unfortunately, with his twenty four hour tight schedule it was hard. Sometimes, it even felt impossible.

" Kids I am home!"

Hyunsuk entered his house with three bags full of groceries and supplies wrapped around both his hands. He threw the keys on the coffee table as the kids ran out of their rooms jumping and following their father to the kitchen.

" Dad! You won't believe what happened today!"

The older child came running holding a sheet of paper rolled in his right palm.

" What Jungwooyah? "

Hyunsuk asked taking the fruits and putting them on the sink half filled with fresh water while his younger child slipped through his back and washed them. Hyunsuk chuckled looking at him because he knew the boy was doing it only because he wanted to eat the apples.

"I got a C on my math test! Would you look at that!Damn!"

Jungwoo spoke smiling proudly at his father who just smiled tiredly.

At least it's not an E this time.

Hyunsuk sighed then smiled again petting Jungwoo's hair.

" Good job champ! I hope to see a B next time. "

" Yes Sir! "

Jungwoo saluted looking determined then breaking his character and running to the sink as well, grabbing an apple and biting out of it.

" Daddy, hold me."

Hyunsuk was arranging stuffs inside the refrigerator when he heard his younger son calling him. He looked down and he was rubbing his drowsy eyes, there were tiny bites of apple stuck on his cheeks and water all over his brown sweater sleeves. Well, as expected from a six year old.