01 | roller skates

WARNING: none.

CHAPTER 01 — ROLLER SKATES

❝FILLED WITH LOVE, JUST PLAIN WORDS WON'T BE ENOUGH.❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

NEZHA DIDN'T LIKE his father and older brothers. Though, perhaps "didn't like" was an understatement (for one of them, at least). Whenever he thought about them, there was an itchy, gnawing feeling that arose in his chest. Irritating was the right word to describe it.

Nezha loathed his father. That much was true.

His older brothers were at least somewhat bearable.

However, that didn't mean he didn't dread going anywhere with them. No, no, his brothers were still awful! Annoying as ever, in his opinion.

His eldest brother, Jinzha? He literally glows. Well, that's hyperbole, of course — or was it? Either way, Jinzha would need to pay lifetime support for the long-term damage done to Nezha's eyes. Why is he SO shiny?!

So eccentric for no reason...

Nezha hates waking up in the morning because of him.

And his other brother, Muzha? Well, if he had to give credit where credit is due, at least Jinzha was outgoing and peppy.

But Muzha? Muzha SUCKED. His brother Muzha was not only wrong all of the time, but was in such denial about his incorrectness and so shameless. Can you believe the audacity Muzha has to go against him in every argument?! The pettiness to argue with someone younger than him! Just thinking about it gets him mad.

Muzha is just — the WORST!!

"What's got you in a foul mood?" Muzha looked at him, raising an eyebrow. "You looked like you just ate a lemon."

Nezha crossed his arms, turning his head away. "I don't want to hear that from you, Muzha!"

"Did you just—? You know what, never mind." His older brother rolled his eyes. "Jeez, here I was hoping we could play nice for one minute..."

"I heard that, you know!"

"Oh gee. Do you want an award or something?"

"Why you—"

Here he was, arguing with Muzha on a fine, fine day in the Celestial Realm. His father and brothers needed to attend an important meeting that was far too mature for someone of his age (as they said to him), so Nezha needed to be dropped off somewhere else as they discussed their oh-so-mature thingamajig. That's why Muzha was even bringing him to the Heavenly Orchard in the first place.

Hmph.

What a bad brother. Dropping him off in the Heavenly Orchard? Then leaving him unsupervised? Shameful behavior for someone older than him.