━ MINI INTERLUDE

WARNING: none.

MINI INTERLUDE

MINI INTERLUDE

❝YOU'RE IN TIMEOUT, SO YOU DON'T GET TO CHIME IN!❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

CONGRATULATIONS, WE'VE REACHED THE MINI INTERLUDE OF SPRING THIEF. For people unfamiliar with my other works, salutations! My name is Marine (or mar, lowercase intended), and I've always had cute, somewhat coherent plot interjections in the middle of my stories. This also means that we're halfway through Spring Thief, and we're not even at canon yet... Oh my.

Well, regardless, I hope you enjoy this chapter!

[NAME]: I love you.

NEZHA, SCOFFING: How many people have you said that to?

[NAME]: Everyone.

NEZHA: What?

[NAME]: I told everyone that I love you.

NEZHA: There's a special place in the Underworld for you, Wukong.

WUKONG, TEARING UP:

NEZHA: Did I strike a nerve?

WUKONG, SNIFFLING: No...

WUKONG, HOLDING BACK TEARS:

WUKONG: That's the nicest thing anybody has said to me.

NEZHA:

[NAME], TEXTING NEZHA: Text me when you're home safely.

NEZHA: I'm home dangerously.

[NAME]: Stop it.

NEZHA: I'm home lethally.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

UNIVERSITY WAS HARD—that was what Nezha learned after he graduated from high school with flying colors and recommendations from nearly all of his teachers.

Sure, all of the material so far has been things he easily dealt with.

Readings? Insightful more than anything. Despite the course syllabus seeming to be a drag for everyone else, Nezha quite enjoyed the legal jargon of criminal justice. With academic discipline, surely anyone could read and learn new vocabulary like him.

Exams? Swept through them with ease. Besides, if he did have any trouble, he could always stop by his professor's office and get the help he needed. The intimidating rumors circulating around his Psychology professor weren't that big of a deal to Nezha, as long as his professor helped him better understand the material.