04 | jade emperor

WARNING: s4 spoilers.

CHAPTER 04 — JADE EMPEROR

❝I HOPE THIS SONG REACHES YOU.❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

IF THERE'S ONE thing Sun Wukong had, it's ambition. He ate the Peaches of Immortality from the Heavenly Orchard, stole Lao Tzu's pills, crossed his name out of the Book of the Dead — hell, he even declared himself as the "Great Sage, Equal to Heaven!"

If it's something he wanted, then Wukong would do anything to get it.

And yet, what did he want now?

To OVERTHROW Heaven? Wage war on the Celestial Realm?!

Not on Nezha's watch.

Wukong's ideas were absurd. He's overconfident. He's prideful, arrogant, and impatient — the most annoying personality Nezha could possibly think of. He always jumped into situations without thinking of consequences and wreaked havoc wherever he went. He only considered his own personal happiness when making decisions. In Nezha's opinion, he was the epitome of "selfish." That's why Nezha hated Wukong.

The Celestial Court, consisting of him, Princess Iron Fan, and Erlang, and the Celestial Armies fought against the Brotherhood. The Brotherhood put up a good fight — as much as he hated to admit it, they were pretty close to winning despite being so outnumbered.

Nezha would make sure the Celestial Armies would do better than this in the future.

In the end, the Celestial Host was victorious. The power of the Jade Emperor was something unfathomable — something even he couldn't contain and understand.

Things changed after that battle, after the "Assault on the Celestial Realm."

The rest of the sworn brothers surrendered, which was expected. He wasn't sure why they were just... let to be free, but who was he to question the authority of the Jade Emperor.

No, that wasn't what shocked him most.

"Nezha." It was the monotone voice of a woman, someone he had known for years.

"Yes?"

"I'm leaving the Celestial Realm."

"...Pardon?"

A solemn look crossed Princess Iron Fan's face. Nezha would've never expected those words to come from her of all people, one of the most respected Celestial Deities for her level-headed nature. Leaving the Celestial Realm was almost unheard of, considering the price one had to pay for doing so.

"I'd like you to hear me out before you speak."

And so he listened.

He listened to her words, words that likely wouldn't have reached his ears if it were anyone else but Iron Fan.