A New Friend

The sisters sat with Swordfather. They were ready to say goodbye to their guardian and leave to find the white men and take their revenge. "It is time for us to begin our quest." Swordfather believed otherwise. "Revenge is like gold. It does not rust. It will wait." Mizu truly believed that she and her twin were ready to take on what's on the journey ahead. Chikyu believed so too. She trained with her sister for years now and now they are ready. "We are ready." Mizu insisted. "You will get yourselves killed." "We are ready. We are." Mizu was so sure. Chikyu was unsure. She didn't want to leave Swordfather behind, but she knows Mizu can't kill the white men alone. "We can never repay your kindness." Said Chikyu. "When I told you of my shame, you did not disown us, even though I'm hideous to men's eyes." Added Mizu. But like before, Chikyu did not believe her sister was a hideous monster and believed she was a gift.

"I have no eyes, so... I can accept you." The twins smiled. "We will always be grateful to you, Swordfather." The twins bow to him, thanking him for all he's done for them. "Before we leave, Swordfather... there's something more I must confess." Mizu added. "You've spoken enough nonsense today." Swordfather differed. "We cannot part in a lie." "That is your burden to keep." "I have made your swords unclean." She tried telling him but was silenced immediately. "Quiet! You came to me as stupid lost children. If you insist on leaving now, it will be as a stupid lost man." Swordfather turned his back to the twins to sharpen a blade, waiting for them to leave. Mizu will carry this guilt for a while but will fade in time. Chikyu understands she wanted to tell him, but she thought maybe it was for the best. The twins got up and headed straight for the door, but Swordfather wanted them to leave prepared. "If you must do this, take a sword." The twins stop by the door as snow fell from the cold dark sky.

"We already have one, Swordfather." The twins say. With the swish of Mizu's sword, she clanked it to the ground making a chiming sound. That sound was familiar. It was the strange metal. Mizu tamed this metal and she believed she is ready as did Chikyu.

~

The twins walked on the snowy path with Ringo right behind them. Mizu was irritated by this and tried her best to get the two of them away from Ringo. "Oh!" Ringo shouts. Mizu grabs her twin and they both run the opposite direction. "How can he still be following us?" Chikyu was surprised that he followed them for that long. The twins stopped running and looked back to see if he was behind them. Luckily enough he wasn't. Mizu bumps into Ringo as soon as she turns back around. Her sword clicks, ready to take her sword out as if it was a stranger, but it was just Ringo. He must be fast. "You move quietly for someone so large." Mizu seems impressed. "I'm naturally stealthy." Chikyu chuckled at Ringo's remark. Mizu clicks her sword back into place and continues walking. Chikyu followed. "Maybe not naturally. My father beat me if I ever made noise in the noodle shop. I learned to be quiet like a ninja." Mizu was losing her patience with Ringo and wanted him gone immediately.

"I don't want you anywhere near me or my sister. Stay away." "Stay away, Ringo." He introduced his name to Mizu and Chikyu. "I don't care." "But I'm useful. You see?" He held an umbrella over Mizu, trying to be useful but she just walked through a split tree to keep going. Chikyu was just worried for Ringo because if he continues, he might get killed by Mizu. "I heard white people's skin burns off in the sun. Is it true blue eyes can see in the dark?" Chikyu tried to get him to stop but he just kept on asking all these questions that Mizu doesn't want to answer. "Oh, and is it true white people drink milk from animals?" Mizu kept moving from the sides to get away from Ringo but he just kept on talking and following her. Chikyu continues to try and get Ringo to stop but he just wouldn't stop. "I know why you think you don't want me around, but you can trust me. I'd never tell your secret. Not ever." "Ringo, stop!" Chikyu tugged on Ringo's arm. "Not if someone bit off my skin bite by bite or even if they made me eat eggplant. I'd never ever, ever, ever tell anyone that you're a g--" Mizu grunts out of frustration and swooshes her sword at a tree near by. The tree fell down with a clean cut from the sword. Chikyu did not interfere due to how annoyed her sister must be and stood by feeling the tension grow. Mizu points her sword at Ringo, warning him to leave her alone. "If I see you again, I will kill you and never think of you again." She holsters her sword and walks away. "Chikyu." She called her sister to follow. The twin went to follow but stopped to look at Ringo and apologized for her sister's outburst.