Chapter 3

Previously on Chapter 2

Everyone mounted their horse as they start to make their way back to the Headquarters. The mission of today's expedition is a success as they have succeeded in getting the girl. Erwin turn his head to look at the girl as he ride his horse next to the wagon she's laying on. The girl just continues to sleep under the influence of the sleeping drug.

-Let Me Go!-

Y/N P.O.V

I slowly open my eyes to see a ceiling above me. I let out a pained cry as I feel a dull ache on my head. I slowly lift my hand, placing it on my head as I massage it gently to try and get rid of the dizziness. I turn my head to look forward to see bars. My eyes widen when I remember what had happened.

I move to sit up and rush towards the bars, only to trip and fall. I turn my head to look at my right leg to see a chain. I click my tongue in annoyance. I can't believe I let those people capture me so easily. But I don't really have a choice. That man was trying to kill Onii-Chan.

I hear footsteps coming closer towards the cell I'm in. I turn my head to see a two men. One of them is the same person who nearly killed Onii-Chan. I clench my hands into tight fists at the sight of him. I move to sit down in front of them and crossed my arms across my chest.

"I see you're finally awake... sorry for doing this to you. But it is to make sure you can't escape" the taller man said. I just turn my head away from them, closing my eyes as a sign of refusal to communicate. I hear a soft sigh coming from him.

"Oi! We're being nice here... be grateful" another voice said. This time coming from the shorter guy. I snorted at what he said as I turn to look at him, who looks offended at the fact that I just laughed.

"You call this nice? Kidnapping me... take me away from my home, and not to mention... you threatened to kill my Onii-Chan. If that's what you label as nice, then you must be a saint if you kill me" I said, glaring angrily at him. He clicks his tongue in annoyance. I slam my hands onto the ground as I glare at them. "Just let me go!" I yelled.

"I'm afraid... we can't do that" the taller guy said. I just stare at him coldly. "Where are my manners. My name is Erwin Smith. The man standing next to me is Levi... can we know your name?" He said. I roll my eyes at what he said.

"Like I care what your names are. I don't want to stay here. I want to get back out there! I wanna go with Onii-Chan! And if you think this chain will stop me, then you are both a bunch of idiots" I said. I move to stand up and kick my leg forward with a powerful force. The chain that binds my leg snaps like they're made of threads. Their eyes widen in shock at my action.

"That Titan of yours that you call Onii-Chan is okay. It's still out there somewhere. But that doesn't mean we won't kill it unless you cooperate with us. The only way for you to gain permission to leave the walls is to join the Survey Corps... if you refuse, we'll send our soldiers to hunt that titan down and kill it" the man who said the name is Levi said, while crossing his arms. I glare angrily at him. He walks forward and places his hands on the bars. "Before we go into details of that... we need your name" he said. I stare at him coldly for a while and turn my head away.

"My name is Y/N... just Y/N" I said. I don't want them to know my last name. I don't want to be reminded that I got abandoned when I was just about to turn 7 years old. It's just too painful to remember. As it made me feel like I'm unwanted.

"Well, then, Y/N... will you agree to join the Survey Corps? As well as to provide us some information about titans" Erwin asked. I turn  my head to look at him with a glare. He just stares at me with a gentle expression. I scoff and looks away.

"Like I have a choice... either join, or I'm going to lose Onii-Chan" I said, closing my eyes. I hear a click on the door and turn my head to see Levi have opened the cell. This could be my chance to run away.

"Also... no funny business. One slip up that make us thing you're trying to escape. We can instantly send the soldier to kill that titan" he said. I let out a sigh and run my hand through my head. Damn it... it's like he can read my thoughts. How annoying can this man be?

***

I stand in front of a group of people in front of me. They are all standing in line. "I'd like you all to welcome a new addition to this training camp..." a man with beard said. I believe his name is Keith Shadis who's an instructor of this training camp. He turn his head to look at me. "What are you waiting for? Introduce yourself" he said. I turn to look at him and huffed.

"Y/N... that's all you need to know" I said. He walks to stand in front of me. I just stare into his eyes, completely unbothered by the way he stares at me. "If you're trying to intimidate me... then you're doing a very poor job at it, mister. You're not scary at all, you old geezer" I said. My words earns a chorus of gasps coming from the people. I turn my head to look at them to see them staring at me with a horrified look.

"Hmm... feisty, and clearly have no manners towards your superior. Let's see how long you'd be able to keep that facade up" he said. I just let out a huffed and look away from him. He move to stand behind me and push me forward. "Go on and join the others" he said.

He leans down so his lips is right next to my ear. "And remember... I can always tell them how you acted, and you can say bye bye to your precious 'Onii-Chan'" he said. I clench my hands into tight fists as my eyes widen a little.

So even in this damned place. Even when those two aren't even here, they're still keeping a close eye on me to make sure I didn't try anything against them. It looks like I have no choice but to cooperate with them. I can't wait for the day I can finally be out there again. Onii-Chan... I hope you're okay. See you soon.

*to be continued*