Chapter 12

Previously on Chapter 11

"No... I don't think I can keep going. Sorry about that, guys. I'm just so... tired" I muttered, loud enough for them to hear. I let out a heavy breath as exhaustion starts to consume me. My whole body starts aching from pushing myself too far. My vision starts to get blurry. I close my eyes as everything slowly went dark.

-Human Or Titan-

Y/N P.O.V

I slowly open my eyes. It didn't take long for me to realize that I'm inside an infirmary. I turn my head to the side as I slowly sit up. I wince as my head starts to ache.

"You exhaust yourself too much..." someone said. I turn my head to see Mikasa. She walks over to me as I lean my back against the bed's headboard. "How are you feeling?" She asked.

"Fine" I said, giving her a small smile. I run my hand through my hair. "How's Trost? How're everyone?" I asked. She takes a seat on the chair next to the bed.

"We managed to seal the breached wall" she said. My eyes widen as I stare at her in shock. "Eren... turns out he's still alive. He turned a titan, Y/N. That titan that protects you... it was Eren" she said.

"For real?" I said. She nods her head at what I said. I turn my head to look out the window. "I've heard of titan-shifters when I was a kid. I didn't think they're real. But turns out Eren is one of them" I said.

"One of them? You mean, there's more like Eren?" Mikasa asked. I turn my head to look at her. I shrugs my shoulders to let her know I didn't know.

"I've never met any titan-shifters. So I don't know much about them..." I said. She just hums and nods her head. I furrowed my eyebrows. "If Eren is alive. Where is he?" I asked.

"He's been placed in the underground prison..." she said. I let out a sigh at what she said. I'm not surprised with her respond. Everyone must be scared when they learn there's a possibility for someone to transform into a titan. "He'd be place under a trial tomorrow. It is to decide his fate whether they'd kill him or not" she said. My eyes widen as my head snap towards her as I stare at her in horror.

"They can't kill him!" I said. She just stare at me with a solemn expression. "I'm sure he didn't even know of his shifting ability until he transform" I said. She just nods her head in agreement.

"You, Armin and I will be going to the trial to watch" she said. I feel my chest tighten at what she said. I'm gonna be there, watching as they decide Eren's fate. It's just seem so... cruel.

***

I have to use a pair of crutches since my foot is still broken. Mikasa and Armin are on either side of me as we make our way through the corridor towards the designated room for Eren's trial.

We stand in line as they escort Eren inside. I turn my head to look across from me to see Levi and Erwin. It took everything in me to not scowl at the sight of those two.

I still haven't forgiven them for what they did to me. They took me away from my home. It may be outside the walls and full of threats from the other titans aside from Onii-Chan. But at least I'm free.

I wince as Eren is forced to kneel as they place a pole in place to secure his chained wrists. I just stay silent as the trial begins. Apparently, Levi and Erwin are both trying to win Eren over so he can join the Survey Corps. That would be the best choice than death. But these people are hard to convince as they believe Eren should be eliminated.

During the task of sealing the breached wall of Trost, Eren tried to attack Mikasa in his titan form. Eren's clearly isn't aware of his action which mean he still haven't fully grasp his power as a titan-shifter. One of the MP points his sniper at Eren. I try to jump over the fence to stop when a strong kick hits Eren in the face.

I bit back a growl when I realize it's Levi

I bit back a growl when I realize it's Levi. He glance my way and hold eye contact for a few seconds. But he turn his gaze away as he starts beating up Eren.

I try to go to him when an arm grabs mine. I turn my head to see Armin. He shakes his head, silently telling me to not do anything or it might make it worse for Eren. I click my tongue in annoyance as I back down.

I turn my head away, having had enough to witness Eren getting a one side beat down. How can he be so cruel to do such things when Eren can't even defend himself.

Time-skip

I rush through the corridor. I need to see Eren and see if he's okay. I burst through a door. Eren is sitting on a couch holding a handkerchief in his hand. I heave out a sigh at the sight of him.

"Eren..." I said. I rush towards him and wrap my arms around him. He didn't move for a moment. Eventually, I feel his arms going around my waist. "Are you okay, Eren?" I asked.

"I'm okay, Y/N..." he said, placing his chin on my shoulder. I pull away to look at him as I inspect his wounds and bruises. I hear someone clearing their throat. I turn around to see Levi who leans against the wall, while crossing his arms across his chest.

"You went too far on the beating, you jerk..." I said. He scoffs at what I said as he walks passes me. He takes a seat with a thud next to Eren who flinch. It's quite clear that Eren is scared of Levi.

"Eren... do you hate me?" He asked, with his hand behind Eren as he stares at Eren. Eren gulps as he looks away from the captain.

"No... I understand why it was necessary" he said. Levi turn to look at me with a smug expression. I just roll my eyes and turn my focus on Eren. I lift my hand as I gently cup his cheek. He wince a little.

"Sorry..." I said, removing my hand. He shakes his head and gently hold my hand. "I saw your tooth fell out after he kicked you..." I said.

"Oh, yeah... I picked it up. See?" Hange said. I turn my head to see her holding a handkerchief with Eren's tooth. I gag at the sight. How could she just pick it up. She didn't feel grossed out?

"Hey, Eren... let me see your mouth" Hange said. I turn my head to look at Eren who seems taken aback by her request. But he opens his mouth nonetheless. She takes a look inside only to froze. "The tooth... has already grown back" he said.

My eyes widen at what she said. But I'm not exactly surprise. My parents had told me quite a lot about titans when I was little. There are still things I don't quite understand though. That's why I'd much rather keep things to myself until I'm sure of their truths.

"Oi, you..." Levi said. I turn my head to look at him. I raise an eyebrow as I wonder what he has to say. "You seem to understand a thing or two regarding titans based on Mikasa's report. Why don't you join my squad too and help me supervise Eren" he said. I blink my eyes in surprise. I didn't expect him to want me to help.

"Sure... I don't see any harm about that. That way I can make sure none of you mistreat Eren" I said, with a shrug. Levi raise an eyebrow at me as Hange leans her face close to mine.

"You seem so concerned about Eren. Say... are you both an item?" She asked. My eyes widen at what she said. She leans her face even closer to mine. "Well? Are you??" She pressed.

"Eh..." I stammered a little. I feel my heart starts to beat faster. "We're not..." I said, pushing at her face to make her lean away from me. Eren and I avoid eye-contact. I feel my cheeks growing warm as I try to calm my nerves. Why did I even reach this way?

*to be continued*