Chapter 14

Previously on Chapter 13

"Never..." he said, in the most gentle voice I've ever heard. He wraps his arms around me as I lean my head against his chest. I start to cry as he continue to hold me close. His voice sounded sincere. But can I trust his words?

-Put Your Trust In Me-

Y/N P.O.V

After a while, I finally calmed down. I pull away from Eren and backs away a little as I stare at him with a sad gaze. His eyes soften as he realize I'm still unsure of him.

"Listen, I don't know what the hell is wrong with both of your parents' brain. I don't know how in their right minds could they abandon such an amazing daughter like you" he said.

I feel my cheeks growing warm at his choice of words. But I frown at the way he talks about my parents. They might've hurt me and abandoned me. But they're still my parents. They're the people who gave me a chance to see the world.

But even so, I didn't say anything to retort to his comment about them because deep down I know he's right about them. No matter how I try to look at it in different ways, it didn't change the fact that I am abandoned by the people I called "mom" and "dad."

He places his hands on my shoulders, looking at me with a stern expression. "Don't you compare me to those two, Y/N. I'm nothing like them" he said. He smiled softly as he gently pinches my cheeks. "I'm never going to leave you. I won't, Y/N..." he said.

"Please put your trust in me" he said. His hand gently grab mine. He gently lift my hand, placing the palm of my hand against his clothed chest. I stare at my hand, and turn to look at him. "I will never abandon you. If I do... I'm ready to die in your hands" he said.

"That's a strong choices of words, Eren..." I muttered. He let out a low chuckle at what I said. I just give him a small smile. He leans his forehead against mine.

"I had to say it... I'll do anything as long as you'd trust me, Y/N" he said. I just stay silent as I stare into his eyes that are filled with sincerity. "Trust me..." he breathed out.

"Oi..." a voice said, making us jump and pulls away from one another. I turn my head to the source to see Levi. He has an unamused expression as he stares at the two of us. "Did I say you both can slack off? Back to cleaning..." he said.

"Yes, c-captain!" Eren said, placing his fist against his chest to salute. He turn his head to look at me, noticing I didn't do the same. He lightly nudge me. I let out a sigh and place my fist on my chest. Levi just scoff as he turn around and walks away.

"I need some time, Eren..." I said, after Levi is out of sight. I turn my head to look at Eren. He turn his head to look at me. I reach down to pick up the duster that I had dropped a while ago. "I need some time to clear my head, before I can decide anything" I said. I turn around and walks up to the window to start dusting again.

I flinch when I feel a pair of arms around my waist. Eren gently place his chin on my shoulder. "Take all the time you'd need... I will wait for you" he said. I feel a soft kiss on my head. My heart starts to beat faster because of his action.

"I love you..." he said, making me froze at his words. He pulls away from the hug. I turn my head to look at him, but he's not looking at me as he starts sweeping the floor again. I notice his cheeks are both red, letting me know that he's embarrassed.

I quickly shake my head and turn my focus on dusting the window before Mr. Clean Freak comes back and scolds me again. The whole time I clean the room with Eren, my mind keeps on thinking what he just said. Did I hear that right? Did Eren just confessed his feelings towards me? Me?

After a while, we're finally done with cleaning the room. We decide to report it to Levi. We found him in one of the bedroom.

"The upper floor is clean now..." Eren said. Levi turn around to face us. He stops walking once he stands in front of Levi. "Which one of the rooms should I stay in?" He asked.

Levi removed the handkerchief from his nose. "You are to stay in the basement" he said. It's shown in Eren's eyes that he looks disappointed by Levi's decision to place him in the basement. "You take over on cleaning this place. I will check your work" he said. He walks passed us as he makes his way out of the room. I turn to look at Eren. He let out a sigh.

"Eren..." I said. He turn his head to look at me. I smile softly at him. "I'll stay in the basement with you" I said. He furrowed his eyebrows at what I said.

"Why would you want to stay in the basement, Y/N. You can sleep comfortably in one of the rooms" he said. I just shakes my head and walks up to him. I place my hands on his shoulders.

"You and I are both from the same training regiment. It's not fair if you have to stay in the basement and I get to stay in a cozy room. So I'm gonna stay with you in the basement" I said. His eyes soften at what I said.

"Thank you..." he said. I smile softly and nod my head. He wrap his arms around me, placing his head on my shoulder. I place my hands on his back, gently patting his back.

"Oi... what did I say, huh??" A voice said, making us pulls away from each other. He walks towards us and smack Eren on the back of his head. Eren wince from his action. He turn to look at me with a glare. But he didn't make any move to hit me.

He turn to look at Eren again. "And the room upstairs is far from clean. Do it all over again" he said. His eyes look cold as if we just make the worst crime of all. I let out a soft sigh as he walks off. Just how much of a clean freak is that guy anyway?

***

It took the whole day to clean. It shouldn't have taken that long if Mr. Clean Freak isn't such a... well, clean freak. He fumes even as much as seeing one speck of dust, and ended up demanding us to re-clean the whole thing all over again. No one dared to say otherwise since he's a captain and all.

We're now all gathered in the dining room. I just stay silent as everyone talks about their plan. I turn my head to the side to look at Eren who sits next to me. I just eat the soup and bread in silence, silently listening to their conversation.

I jump when there's a loud sound at the door. Petra walks over to the door and removes the wood. The door opens to reveal Hange. She rubs her forehead, probably having bumped it against the wooden door.

She seems excited to start the experiment on Eren. I place my chin on the palm of my hand, as I watch how Eren looks nervous. I mean who wouldn't. I would to if these people suddenly claims they want to do some experiments on me too.

"So... what's this experiment about?" Eren asked. The others scolds him for asking that. I turn my head to look at them to see them leaving one by one. I raise an eyebrow and decide to ignore it.

Hange starts explaining what she plans to do during the experiment. She seems very passionate about it. I feel a drop of sweat rolling down the side of my head as she keeps talking non-stop to the point Eren looks like he's about to pass out. But Hange just keeps on talking. One person is a clean freak, the other one is a total geek. Looks like I'm surrounded by a bunch of strange bunch.

*to be continued*