Chapter 10

Previously on Chapter 9

After a short speech. He finally places his fist on his chest. "You've overcame your fear. You have earned my upmost respect" he said. The rest of us follows his gesture and place our fists against our chests. Finally, I've managed to joined the Scout. One more step and I'll be out again. Onii-Chan... wait for me.

-First Mission-

Y/N P.O.V

We are told to assist the Garrison Regiment on the wall of Trost. So that's where we're all headed to. I ride the horse quietly as we travel. I stay silent as I focus on the task at hand. I feel a little disheartened by the fact that we are only given a task to assist. I was hoping we'd instantly get a mission outside the wall.

But I guess, they're all still newbies. So, we're given an easy mission to start before actually get entrusted to go on an expedition. I can't wait to get this over with and finally leave the walls. I want to see Onii-Chan so bad.

We climb up the wall once we reach. We help them arrange the canon to prepare ourselves incase titans come to attack. I don't mind killing the other titans, as long as it's not Onii-Chan. 

"Hey, guys..." someone said. I turn my head to see Sasha. Everyone turns to face her as well. "I borrowed some meat from the officers' morning rations" she said with a drool on the corner of her lips as she shows us the meat she had 'borrowed.'

I let out a sigh at her action. She didn't know she could be in real trouble if they finds out, or she simply did not care about the consequences because she wants to eat meat. But I'm not surprise about it. Sasha is the biggest glutton I've ever met. I swear her appetite seems bigger than the titans.

After a lot of arguments, in the end, everyone decides to take their portion of the meat. They turn their heads to look at me. Sasha turn to me too as if asking if I want some too.

"Eh... might as well. I don't really care about the rules here anyway" I said, shrugging while closing my eyes. I open my eyes to look at them. "We should get back to work now, don't you think? Unless you want to get caught that is..." I said. I turn around and start tending to more canon.

I feel a strong presence coming from the distance. My eyes widen when I realize what's going to happen. "Watch out!!" I yelled out. They turn their heads to look at me in confusion. I open my mouth to further warn them when suddenly a strong lighting appears. I turn my head to see a Colossal Titan behind Eren.

The Colossal Titan kicks on the wall, creating a large hole. The strong force sends everyone flying off the wall. I crouch down on the ground. A dome like shield appears around me, shielding me from the force as well as keeping me rooted on the wall. While everyone else gets thrown off the wall.

Eren jumps back on the wall. His eyes widen when he notices me. The shield surrounding my body vanish as Eren stares at me in shock. "Don't focus on me, idiot! Focus on the Colossal Titan!" I said. He snaps out of his shock and turn his focus on the titan.

I build some strength on my feet as I jump towards the Titan. The Titan's skin feels scorching hot on even though I'm wearing a pair of boots. I click my tongue in annoyance as I run up its arm. I swiftly jump when the Titan tries to swat me away. I swing my sword to cut its fingers as it tries to grab me. Eren tries to aim for the neck when the titan suddenly vanishes. I jump and run up the wall using my speed.

I reach the wall and sit down, feeling tired. But this is better than having to use a gear. It's too heavy for me to move around freely. I much prefer this. Even though I got super tired after.

"Sorry I couldn't defeat the Colossal Titan..." Eren said as he lands on the wall next to me. I turn my head to look at him. He has a deep frown on his face. It's clearly written on his face how upset he must've felt at the moment.

"You're not the only one who failed, Eren... I did too" I said, still breathing heavily. My sight feels blurry but I know now is not the time for me to relax. I still need to focus on the mission, especially now that the wall has been breached.

The titans are bound to come soon, and even though I don't really care about my job. I would still take things seriously. The faster I get things right, the faster they'd entrust me to go on a mission outside the walls. Which means, I'd be able to see Onii-Chan soon.

I take a deep breath as I try to stand up. My knees wobbles a little as I try my best to keep my body upright. I sway a little, but manage to keep myself balanced and standing properly.

I look down as titans starts showing up and they start to enter the wall. "They sure didn't waste any time, huh?" I muttered to myself. I hear Mikasa calling out for me. Since we're both topped the training, we're told to help out. Which means we have to go separate ways from the others.

I jump off the wall. I focus on my feet at the right moment before giving myself a push towards the nearest building. Mikasa use her gear and lands next to me.

"Are you sure you don't need a gear?" She asked. I turn to look at her and nod my head. "It would be easy for you to move around though" she said, still trying to convince me to wear a gear.

"Nah... that thing's too heavy for my liking. I'm able to move around freely this way" I said. I jump out of the way when the titan reaches out for me. I swing my sword and cuts off their fingers that's trying to grab me. "That was close!" I said. I jump up and slice the titan's nape.

Things are getting out of hands. I can tell the others are starting to run out of gas with their gears. Even though I don't need a gear, I still can't fight for much longer. My strength is getting drained and I'm nearing my limit. If I force my body to keep moving forward beyond limits, without a doubt I'm going to collapse. But if I don't help out, more people are going to die. Man... I hope Onii-Chan is here.

*to be continued*