Chapter 9

Previously on Chapter 8

I enter the room, and change my uniform into a pair of pajamas. I lay down on the bed, laying on my side. I stare at the wall for a few seconds. I wonder how Onii-Chan is doing out there. I miss him so much, and I can't wait to get back out there. That's the last thing on my mind as I drift off to sleep.

-The Final Result-

Y/N P.O.V

As time passes, it's finally time for us to know who passed. Those who passes in the top 10 may choose to pick the Military Police. While the rest can only pick the remaining regiments. I don't need to be in the top 10, because no how much I scored during my training here... my choice will be the same.

"First, we're going to annoyance the Top 10.
10. Krista Lenz.
9. Sasha Blouse.
8. Connie Springer.
7. Marco Bott.
6. Jean Kirstein.
5. Eren Yeager.
4. Annie Leonhart.
3. Bertholdt Hoover.
2. Reiner Braun.
As for the 1st rank, there are two person. No matter how hard we try to compare these two and evaluate the results numerous times, we can't seem to pick the best one among them as they evenly matched. Which is quite a surprise considering one of them joined at an odd time" he said.

I instantly feel pairs of eyes turning to look at me as if they already know who he's referring to. "And ranked firsts are Mikasa Ackerman and Y/N" the instructor said. Mikasa and I walk forward to join them.

The instructor told us that we have an hour to make a decision on which regiment we'd pick. We are to come back to this place after the time ends. Soon after that, we're all dismissed.

We quietly leave the area. I place my hands inside my pocket, wondering what would happen after this. When will I be able to step outside the wall again. I turn my head to look up at the sky. It's night time but it's quite bright.

"Hey, Y/N..." someone said, from behind me. I blink my eyes and turn my head to see Eren. Next to him are both Armin and Mikasa. He smiles at softly at me. "Congratulation to you too on ranking first. It's quite a shock, you know? You managed to matched Mikasa even though you joined the training a couple of months before the final test. But well, I can see how you managed to pull it off" he said. I just smile softly at what he said.

"Thanks, Eren..." I said, smiling softly at him. He turn his head away a little, making me furrow my eyebrows in confusion. I lean my body forward to take a look at his face. I notice a faint pink color dusting his cheeks. I blink my eyes in surprise. "Hey... you okay, Eren?" I asked, worriedly.

"H-Huh?" He said, turning his head to look at me. His cheeks are getting redder by the second. I frown as I step closer to him. I lift my hand, placing my palm on his forehead.

"You're kinda hot... I think you're catching a fever, Eren" I said. He place his hand on my wrist, gently removing it from his forehead. "You're really red..." I said.

"I-I'm f-fine..." he said. I squint my eyes at him, as I try to see if he's lying to me. "Really! I'm fine..." he insisted. I hum softly and nod my head. I turn my head to look forward. I hear Eren murmuring something in a hushed voice. I can faintly hear it and heard him say my name.

"What was that?" I asked. He tenses up and waves his hand, as if saying it was nothing. "Hmm... alright. So, what regiment are you three planning to join?" I asked, turning to look at Mikasa and Armin.

They turn to look at each other. "We plan to join the Scout Regiment" Mikasa said. Armin and Eren nods their heads in agreement. I hum softly and nod my head. "What about you?" She asked.

"Same with me... I've planned to join the Scout since day one. I want to get back out there. I miss all the things I've able to do there. It's so different than here" I said, turning my head to look at the distance.

"What was it like to be out there? Aren't you afraid of the titan?" Armin asked. His interest seemed piqued by my comment of wanting to be outside the walls again.

"No... I have Onii-Chan that protects me" I said. They blink their eyes in surprise at what I said. I raise an eyebrow at their reaction. "What?" I asked, wondering why they're staring at me with such expressions.

"There's someone else with you out there? All these time I thought you were on your own. I didn't know you have a brother. Why did they only brought you in and not your brother?" Armin asked. Right, it was only Eren that knew since I only told him that night. I turn my head to look at Eren as I smile awkwardly.

"Eh... he's not really my brother. He just looked after me like a brother did" I said, awkwardly. I look away from the two of them as I rub my neck sheepishly. I don't know how these two would react if I tell them the truth. But at the same time, I didn't want to lie to them.

"And besides, he's not a human. He's eh... um. He's an Abnormal Titan" I said. I turn my head to look at the two of them after I said it. Their eyes are wide open as they stare at me in disbelief.

"You're joking, right?" Armin said. As expected, they have the same reaction as Eren. I shake my head as I give them a serious expression. "A titan looking after a human? That's just seems impossible!" He exclaimed.

"Well, that's what he said too..." I said, pointing my thumb at Eren. I lower my hand, placing it on my hip. "But well, that's the truth. I wasn't raise like you did. In fact, I was abandoned by my real parents. Onii-Chan is the one who looks after me" I said.

They're both still gaping at me, well, Armin is. Mikasa just stared at me with her usual stoic face. Both of their reaction is making me feel awkward as I let out a nervous laugh.

***

It's time for us to return back to the area, where we'd give our decision to choose which regiment we'd be joining. First is the Military Police Regiment. I stand still as I watch the people who picked that regiment walks forward and get escorted away from the area. Same with the Garrison Regiment. The remaining people that remain in the spot are the ones who pick Scout Regiment.

I look forward and notice Erwin. I hold myself back from scowling at the sight of him. If it weren't for him and that short guy. I wouldn't have been taken here. I would still be out there with Onii-Chan.

After a short speech. He finally places his fist on his chest. "You've overcame your fear. You have earned my upmost respect" he said. The rest of us follows his gesture and place our fists against our chests. Finally, I've managed to joined the Scout. One more step and I'll be out again. Onii-Chan... wait for me.

*to be continued*