Chapter 22: Happiness and Daffodil

Heads-up: the chapter is long and it's like a two part squished together.

The special chapter is coming out sometime next week. It's young Lloyd and Harumi bonding time.

(Lloyd's Pov)

When I opened my eyes, I was met with my crying younger self. It looked like my younger self didn't realize I was here with him. I looked around to see that we were in an alleyway. The only light was from the faint silver glow both of us were surrounded with, but I could see with no problem.

My younger self looked... not great. Almost all of his body was transparent, even his horns and tail. He had cracks and dried blood all over his skin. I grimaced when I realized that this was what I looked like right now, but just older.

"Hey," I said, my voice sounded weird. Instead of a normal voice, it sounded more like an echo. Little-me looked up, his eyes red and full of tears. 

"I don't want to leave," little-me chocked out, wiping his eyes to try to stop the tears, "I want to go back to dad, uncle, mom, and Morro. I- I want to stay. Please, please don't make me leave."

"I don't want to," I sighed, getting closer to little-me.

"But I have to. Don't I?"

"Yeah," I nodded as I hugged little-me. My own transparent body becoming solid just like little-me's did just as I hugged him.

"Does it hurt?" Little-me asked, hanging on to me like it was his life line.

"A lot."

"Does he come back?"

"Sadly, yes."

"Will I get to see the others?"

"In a long time, yes."

"Will I have to leave afterwards again?"

"Maybe."

"Are we still cursed?" 

"Yeah."

"Are we happy?"

I kept quiet. I didn't know what to say. Little-me looked up at me, his emerald eyes still had life and hope in it unlike my dead and hopeless one. I just hugged him tighter.

"Are you happy?" little-me asked again, but his voice sounded more distant than before. I could feel his body becoming transparent and slowly fade away, "Are you happy?"

"I don't know," I chocked out as little-me faded away and I fell into darkness.

I walked through the darkness. My body screamed in pain but I kept going. Blood and my power kept pouring out of the cracks in my skin but I kept going. My vision was blurry and my mind was foggy, but I kept going. Finally I fell when my legs gave up.