Chapter 28: I'm Happy

(Harumi's Pov)

I opened my eyes and was met with a blond figure with a big straw hat with multiple different colored bells attached and a fox mask that covered their eyes down to their nose. Their long blond hair tickling my face. 

I tried to say something, but nothing came out of my mouth. Seeing how shocked I am, the figure chuckled, shaking the bells, but no sound came from it. The figure backed up and sad down in front of me. I slowly sat up too, looking around the surroundings. I was on a field of thousands of flowers that had yet to bloom. The sky was so bright and clear, displacing it's brilliant sky blue color.

Now that I could see the figure, I saw the figure wearing a white flowing hanfu. The white fabric had gold, silver, and purple strings mixed into it, making it look slightly like those colors. Even though there was no wind, their long, silky blond hair was blowing around their figure.

Do you want something?

A voice said around me, I could hear the sound, but at the same time, it was only echoing in my mind.

I can just think of something I want and it'll come to me from somewhere. I usually use it to get some sweets or comics.

The figure crossed their legs like they were a child waiting to hear a story. 

You know, I did a lot of bad things in my life. Some people lost their families because of me, because I couldn't control my powers. Then I ran away afterwards, scared what I'll cause if I stay. I ran away from wherever that gave me love and kindness after giving them only pain and suffering back. I used to fall asleep crying, which is a funny thing because I though my tears dried up so many years ago.

The figure looked into my eyes. The story sounded so familiar.

I want to say sorry for so long, but I couldn't show love to anyone because of the thing inside of me and the curse. I wanted to apologize so bad. But I couldn't, no I didn't. I was scared of the outcome. 

The figure smiled sadly but warmly at me. I knew who they were. He reached his hands out, revealing the sweet that he loved so much.

Want a pillow mint?

(Kai's Pov)

Nya and I watched as the blond figure with a dragon mask that only covered their eyes and nose walk towards us, their white mixed with gold, purple, and silver hanfu flowing in the wind that we couldn't feel.

The figure was giving off such a strange and strong aura, but by the way they were walking made them look like a guilty little child on their way to apologize. I could literally see the nervousness in them.

I used to burry my desire for love and kindness

A voice echoed inside my head and from the way Nya tensed, I could tell that she heard it too.

I was scared of the outcome. I was scared what the thing inside of me would prepare for me if I showed it. As time passed, I forgot what love and kindness even felt like.

The figure stood in front of us now.

But then I met these people. I met them. They welcomed me and reminded me of what love and kindness felt like. I wanted to them, but I couldn't cause before I can, the thing cursed me yet again. It made them get hurt and went away, ready to hurt more people.

Nya's grip on my arm got stronger as if she was telling me she knew who this figure was. I nodded slightly at her to signal that I also knew who it was.