-- Wishing --

-- N --

The moon was high in the sky as I roamed the woods. J was asleep, so I was off on my own, giving myself something to do when I wasn't feeling in the mood to sleep. I could see the faint light of the colony's building in the distance. I hoped Uzi liked the gift. Then, I was tired of walking. I spread my wings and soared into the air, with the cool breeze of the sky whipping my face.

I twirled and twisted through the clouds, watching as the scenery under me drift away like mist blanketing the view. I remembered I had a similar gift to Uzi's, although I built it myself. It was a bronze ring with a golden lightning bolt pin on it. Like Uzi's skull pin, I could tap it and send and receive messages whenever I wanted to. I tapped it lightly with a finger and a yellow speech bubble appeared. "Please address yourself." It read, like usual. "N." I said. The bubble processed this, and another message appeared. There was something new, reading: "You have received (1) message from: Uzi."

She messaged me? Then the gift worked! My hopeful theory about her positivity towards the gift was correct, as the message read: "Thanks for the necklace, N! I really like it. Also, next time we meet, wanna come over to my house instead, so J doesn't have to be distracted all the time?"

I twirled with joy. What I didn't notice is that the sun was beginning to rise. My body began to overheat, and I yelped with pain. I crashed into the forest below, ironically just outside of the colony building's front door.

When the dust cleared, I dragged myself into a shady area, and the scorching heat of the sun quickly became a soothing chill. I exhaled with relief and tapped the ring again. I sent a new message to Uzi: "Hey Uzi! So how are you? Also, the plan sounds fun! When are you available? :)" and in a matter of seconds, it was ready for her to read.

I went back to the pod as quickly as I can, where J was already drinking a cup of oil and partly awake. "Where've you been, N?" she asked as I stepped inside. I froze. "I was, uh.. out for a walk! Wasn't really tired, y'know?" I sheepishly said, shrugging. J stared at me and took a long sip of her oil. "Lemme guess; you're in love." she said. My eyes widened. She went on. "If a boy goes missing for a full day and comes out unscarred, it's cause he took an accidental detour. If it happens again, purposefully, then it's obviously for romance."

I swallowed hard. "N-No, I just like being alone." I lied. She was close to finding out I had met with Uzi yesterday, and I didn't want to put my only love-interest at risk.