-- Close Call --

-- UZI --

I throw myself onto my bed, pretending I was asleep. My dad barges in and I nearly jump. "Uzi? You awake?" He says. I lift myself up and fake groan. "What is it, Dad? I was sleeping." I complained. My dad rolls his eyes. "There's something going on with Door 1, me and your mother are going to check it out. Get dressed and come with us." He said, and shut the door. 

I beckoned N to get out the closet. "You should go. If anything happens, I don't want my mom and dad catching you. You can open the window and escape through the forest nearby. Careful with the sun." I informed him. He nodded and slipped through the window as was told. I shut the window once he was gone, sealed it with curtains for privacy, and got ready to go with my parents.

Once I was done, I ran outside where Nori and Khan were standing outside for me. "Sorry I was late. Let's go." I said. The three of us walked over to Door 1, where it was closed like I left it. The only problem was that there were continuous knocking that never seemed to stop. I wondered who was outside, and why they were so eager to get inside. Khan opened the door and the stranger who was knocking so much accidently tripped because they forgot to stop waving their hand so much.

Nori stepped back, astonished. Khan scowled at the Drone. I nearly gasped. It was J. She stood up and faced us, stepping back with a matching glare. "Where's N." She said, frowning at us. She was particularly staring at me, and I didn't know what to do. "J? What are you doing here?" I said, stepping forward. She scoffed at me. "N went missing last night and I think it has to do with you guys. Especially you, Uzi." She said. "So let me through, and I won't kill anybody." Khan stepped in front of me. "Well, I don't know who N is, so you got the wrong people, Murder Drone." He said coldly. Apparently I forgot to tell him it was two Murder Drones who saved me and my mom's life.

"I know that she knows who he is." J retorted, pointing at me. I stepped back nervously. My parents turned to me with concern belonging to Nori and doubt with Khan. I took a deep breath. "I-It's true. N saved my life, and yours too, Mom." I said. Khan looked at me with an astonished expression. "Well, where is he now?" Khan asks. "I don't know where he is, probably staying at the pod with J." I lied. I knew exactly where he is. "I haven't seen him since we went back home."

Khan stepped back and turned to face J. "Well, you can leave now, as we haven't seen N around. Good luck on your hunt, though." He said, and shut the door in front of J, leaving her outside. As we went back home, my mind was full of intense thoughts. How did J know? Is she suspecting me of some sort? What's going on? What'll happen to N?

I never stopped worrying.