Chapter 3

"What the?! How dare you!?" Her voice is not that loud but I guess that's her scream.

I assessed what possibly happened first before walking towards them. Those three weirdos are now laughing because she looks like a mess. The different colors of paint and some of her things is all over the street now. I think those art pieces that those three stepping on is her artworks.

She looks like she's about to cry any moment. It's obvious that they are harassing her. I'm not in the mood to interrogate someone right now, so, I instinctively killed those three in a snap. They didn't even notice that I'm approaching.

I touched my face with the back of my hand to check if some blood spilled on it. Luckily, it's only a little but there's a lot of blood on my uniform. This small knife I always bring to myself is sure handy.

After a seconds of checking myself, it made me realize that the girl was watching me. No one should see me killing someone on this town.

When I look at her way, she is now crying. I don't think it's because she just saw someone killing infront of her but because of her things scattered all over. She looks a mess. There's also a tear on her dress. Wait, is she the girl earlier at the cafeteria?

She's still in tears and now ranting. "Oh my God, oh my God... This is so expensive and these art pieces I made is so hard to do! Those fucking weirdos!!"

She suddenly whispered to herself and I did not hear it.

I should kill her. All I have to do is kill her and clean this mess. I started walking towards her, thinking where should I attack her first.

She's not facing me but she suddenly talk to me that made me stop walking slowly. "Thank you... Thank you for helping me." I was stunned and now she's facing me with her dried tears on her cheeks, smiling.

Her eyes doesn't look scared. I'm sure she saw me killing those three, how come she smiles like that to me?

"Who are you?" She's not familiar to me, I don't think I already see her face on this town. Especially, on this tricky path. I put my small knife in my pocket after removing the blood on it and looks in her.

She laughed. What's funny asking her? I hope I don't look like stupid because I'm not laughing like she did.

She smiled before answering me. "I'm Giselle."

I helped her by picking her broken art pieces and I asked again. "Why are you here? Where are you from? I don't think I've seen you before."

I'm asking formal questions like nothing happened earlier.

"Ah, I took this path because I thought this will be more peaceful. Also, I have a lot of things to bring. We did a lot of preparation for new students. It's only first day of school and here I am, already stressing out." Even she said that she's stressing out, she talks as if she loves what she was doing and smiling widely.

I'm just listening to her because I don't know what to say.

"Actually, I should be the one asking you. I mean, why are you here? Where are you from? All of people here knows me! Unless, you just moved here on our town. I literally grew up here that's why I know this almost ghost town street! Oh, by the way, did you tell other people this path? I hope you did not."

I was surprised. It looks like she's so comfortable to talk a lot to me and now, questioning me, too.

"Believe it or not, it's also in my mind to take this path peacefully and then I encountered you here. I just moved in on this town, last two years. In those two years, I did not see you here. I hope you're not lying. As for your last question, I didn't. I don't like sharing." Why do I feel like I'm explaining too much?

She smiled. "Wow, great minds think alike?" And then she laughed.

"You're so serious. I'm not lying, okay? I just needed to leave last two years here and now, I'm back. Maybe that's the reason you don't know me. Also, you don't look like sharing some information carelessly." She added.

"How so?"

"It's a judge of character, Mr., I'm good with that."

"I'm Tristan."

"Yeah, Tristan. Can I get my poor art pieces in your hand? Thank you." I did what she said, handing her art pieces.

I wonder what kind of answer she'll give me but I need to ask her to clear my curiosity.

"Aren't you scared that I killed three people earlier?" Obvious in my tone that I'm so confused. This is so unlike me but I want to know what she was thinking because I'm sparing her. For now, I guess.

"Should I get scared to the person who helped me? You helped me," she said that while looking at me innocently. It's creeping me out a little. Her answer confused me more. Normal people would freak out, right?

"If you're worried about me being scared because of blood, no worries. I'm not scared of it, want me to cover your uniform with paints? I'll turn it to art!" I shook my head.

"You should look at yourself first, aren't you cold? I have one extra shirt and jacket in my bag." I forgot to put these in my locker. Moreover, her dress is backless and it's so windy right now.

I almost drop my jaw when she tear her dress near her knees. Seriously, this woman.

"What? Don't look at me like that! It's kind of bother walking with dress that touches the ground and I have a lot to bring with me. What if I tripped?!" I didn't even say anything and did she even tripped while walking here? Not until those three weirdos came I guess.

I want to laugh at her reaction but I didn't.

"You don't have any other clothes with you that's why you walk home with that dress?" While asking her that question, I already took the jacket in my bag to put it on her shoulders.