Chapter 4

"If only you saw what happened to me at school then you'll probably think I'm unlucky but I'm fine! I was asked to be a model for the freshies and show them some of my artworks. I painted this dress and show them how I did it, they were so amazed!" She even turned around and holding the jacket on her shoulders so it won't fall off to show me her messy dress but I admit, it still looks pretty. Pretty art.

Also, I already changed with my black shirt.

She sighed before continuing. "It's just, one freshie mistakenly used my clothes to wipe their messes. It's my fault, though, I shouldn't put my clothes there earlier. I'll just add that I'm not unlucky, okay? I'm pretty much always lucky in any situation." Then she smirked.

I was thinking she's not feeling well after what happened that's why I decided to accompany her for awhile. I guess I'm walking her home. I have some of her things to help for carrying.

She's just sharing random story since we started walking and what happened on her first day of school. Setting the mood because it's so quiet that even a worm can be heard crawling on the ground.

"If I'm unlucky, I wouldn't see you here!"

"What do you mean by that?"

"Hmm. Let's say I'm a mastermind," she winked at me after saying that.

I shook my head. She's so cheerful. I don't know if I should be wary of her but her presence is telling me otherwise.

"Oh, look! Flowers!"

And then, we saw a place full of flowers. It's the sign that we're almost near the town we're living but she suddenly stop, to touch and smell the flowers. Her face lit up and even sit while hugging her two knees to admire the flowers.

While admiring the flowers, I saw how she became teary-eyed. For some reason, I feel something in my heart after seeing that.

She probably doesn't notice that we're almost half an hour now. I'm just watching her while she's admiring the flowers. She suddenly stood up and realize what she just did.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry! I'm so drawn on the flowers that I can even stare at it for hours. Sorry."

"I don't mind, don't worry. I like flowers, too."

She faces the flowers again, grabbing flowers on one stem and putting it inside the pocket of my shirt. She smiled after that.

I was taken aback and didn't know what I should feel on what she did. The only feeling that's clear to me is I should reciprocate it. I grabbed the flowers using my right hand in my pocket, tucked her long hair behind her ears and puts the flower on it.

There. I can't help but put a curve on my lips. Her long lustrous black hair looks dancing because of the wind.

She touched the flowers behind her ears and now, she's the one who's taken aback.

The long stretch of quietness enveloped between us.

Her silence is sending shivers down to my spine. So, this is what called awkwardness.

"Uh, should we start walking again? We're almost there." Trying to break the silence between us.

She smiled as if we didn't have an awkwardness earlier.

"Ah yes, let's go!"

"Giselle, right? Which department are you in?"

I tried asking some questions. I'm also slowing down from walking because I feel like she's also slowing down. Or she wants me to lead the way and follow me behind?

"Yes, Tristan. I'm from Studio Arts Department. How about you?"

"Sculpture Department."

"You're with the guy who talked to me at the cafeteria, right?" Oh, she recognized me.

I looked at her and answered, "Yes."

"I don't know if you don't know this but I've been seeing you for the last two years!"

"Huh? What do you mean?" She really have a way of surprising me.

"Wait, wait. What I mean is, I, sometimes seeing you with my other friends in the Sculpture Department. You're quite famous, did you know that?" Not surprising.

"I know."

I looked at her because she didn't say anything after saying that I know.

She's now giving me a judging look. I just laughed.

I really do know that I'm quite famous and a lot of students kind of knew me. I'm one of the outstanding students there, anyway. Wait, now that I think about it, maybe I already saw her before. Her name, I feel like I already heard it before.

"Are you part of the Supreme Council Students?" I hope I'm right, I heard ‘Giselle’ there before.

"Oh, you're right! Heh. I'm quite famous, too, you know. I'm the Vice President. We're so busy today because some of professors are not at the school today to guide what to do for the frehies. I still remember the look of President in the morning!" She's laughing uncontrollably with the thought of it.

I just smiled. It made me realize how boring my day is but it's peaceful, I like it like that.

"By the way, I hope you don't mind if one day I suddenly ask for your help? School purposes only, of course. On the council. What if you should start signing up as a member?!" No, thank you.

I shook my head as an answer and she almost pouted because of my answer but she didn't. I prefer this peacefulness of my school life. But maybe if I got bored? I'll consider it.

She just smiled again. "Okay! Wait. Speaking of help, if you need something I can help of or you need my help, don't hesitate to call me."

Call? Just when I was about to think that I don't even know her number, she gave me a calling card from her small sling bag in the one paper bag I'm holding on my left hand.

Scrunching her nose while smiling, it looks like her eyes is also smiling. "Call me, okay? I owe you one!"

I just nooded and smile.

"We're already here. Thank you for helping me and for walking me home, Tristan."

So, this is where she lived? I'm just two blocks away.

I handed her things before she's about to enter her house.

"Have a nice day ahead, thank you for the flowers."

She just laughed at me. Probably because the flowers is not even on me, it's on behind her ears.

Well, that's what I thought. When I was on my way to go home, I saw one small white lily in my pocket. It definitely fall off when I took it. This one is seperated to other small white lilies on her ears. It's not on full bloomed.