-𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕜𝕠𝕦𝕥-

I walked out of the changing room and had a look around the large sports hall; the walls were pale, if you ignore the dirty marks left by football boots in a few places. The ceiling was high and hanging from the wall on the far right were a couple of rows of gymnastics equipment and a pile of nets in which several shuttlecocks and tennis balls had been caught.

The teacher divided us into teams of about nine or ten people, male and female. I ended up in a decent group, and one of my teammates was Taiju. There was no doubt that he was one of the best in our year at the sport, but he was never violent about it - a gentle giant, let's say. You could see the muscles running down the length of his arms and his calves were shaped like those of a bodybuilder, it was a surprising sight when you consider that he was an average teenager. Nevertheless, we were lucky to have him on our team.

The game started with the coach throwing the ball into the air and someone from the opposition team catching it. Taiju leapt towards the ball and grabbed it while it was still in the air, quickly passing it on to our team mate on the bench.

"HELL YEAH! TAIJU!" another boy from our team shouted as he hurled the ball at me, which I managed to catch just in time, and I looked around for an opening and passed the ball to a girl from our team who was closest to me. However, two kids from the other team knocked the ball out of the reach of the people on our bench just before they were able to catch it.

"Damn it..." I muttered and ran towards the defence. Senku was also on the opposing team, but he wasn't much of a target, considering he was pretty bad at everything sports related. I soon got the ball and aimed it at one of my teammates on the bench, but before it reached him, Senku ran in and...it hit him in the face. I covered my mouth to stop myself laughing out loud and he stumbled and fell flat on the floor. I tried to help him, but he scoffed and stood on his own.

"At least you blocked it?" I chuckled.

He rolled his eyes, "Yeah, and I almost lost my eyeballs in the process". He let out a grunt and walked over to the bench. But while I was laughing about Senku getting his in the face, I didn't see that a ball was coming straight at me. "Y/N! Look out!" shouted Taiju, but he was on the other side of the hall.

Before I had a chance to move, the ball had hit me in the stomach and the air had basically left my lungs. I felt the cold floor hit my back as I fell, opening my eyes to see a concerned Taiju and a smirking Senku from across the room.

Later, the teams were shuffled once again, and we had to play dodgeball this time. Senku and I ended up on the same team. I walked over to the rest of my team and sat down on the bench next to Senku. The other team had Yuzuriha, but Taiju was on the team that had to sit out this round. At least we didn't have to play against him...

The game finally started with a catch by a member of the other team, so we had a bad start. A team mate finally threw the ball towards us, and it flew into a space between where I was standing and where Senku was standing, I ran towards it and so did he... I was just about to catch the ball when I bumped into Senku, and we both fell to the ground, while the opposing team got the ball back.

"Ugh. I would have caught that!" I complained, while he stood up looking irritated.

"Clearly, I was going to catch the ball, and besides, you are not even tall enough to have caught it at the height it was flying at!" he argued back.

We argued back and forth and before I knew it Yuzuriha had us both out and we had to sit on the side bench.

"That's your fault." I said and glared at Senku.

"Grow up, it's just a game," he sighed.

We sat there in silence for a while, just watching the game go on. And then I remembered what I had to do.

                                                                                                                                                                                                        I had to persuade Senku to go on the trip with me! I immediately turned to face Senku, determined to convince him of this. But before I had a chance to speak, he held up his hand.

"Whatever it is you're about to suggest, it's probably not a very good idea. My answer's no."

this might  take some time...

a.n. 

This took longer than it should've. This chapter was gonna be longer but i've split it into 2 now so i can post more :). Anywayys, enjoyyy!!!