Chapter One

May 5, 1976

Students were gathered in the Great Hall eating breakfast, gossipping, and cramming for the upcoming exams. Murmurs and cutlery could be heard across the entire hall. The Professors were gathered all together enjoying a spot of breakfast before the craziness began.

The Gryffindor table was definitely the loudest. A group of boys were shouting at each other and messily eating. Together they make up the Marauders, James Potter, Sirius Black, Remus Lupin, and Peter Pettigrew.

" Lads, I'm telling you, Evans will be mine before the end of seventh year." James exclaimed. "She's starting to warm up to me!".

"James, she still hates you, she only let you borrow a quill to keep house points." Remus tried to explain as he was squaring off his toast. "All I'm saying is don't get your hopes up–"

"I'm not!" James interjected. "Pads was there, tell him Lily wasn't just being nice Sirius"

The boys turned their attention to Sirius who was staring at the HufflePuff table with a longing expression. They saw a girl with honey blonde hair laughing loudly with a group of Gryffindor girls.

James frowned at his brother in everything but blood. "Sirius!"

"Yeah Prongs?" Sirius replied still not removing his eyes from the Hufflepuff

"I'm trying to have a conversation with you but you're too busy staring down Lily-Flowers sister, you stalker"

"Prongs, I was totally listening, we were talking about how you were being delusional about Lily in Charms.

"I am not delusional!" James cried. "Pete, tell them what happened on our way down this morning"

" You jinxed Snivellous in going down the stair–" the blonde boy began

"No I didn't!" James said, while glancing at the Hufflepuff table where his love was sitting.

"Hey, can you guys quiet down a bit? We're trying to revise for Potions" all four boys turned to see the blonde HufflePuff swaying from foot to foot

"Morning Magnolia" Remus murmured finishing up his toast

"On one condition" James retorted with a smirk forming on his face, "You make your sister, go with me next Hogsmeade Day"

"Mornin, Remmy" she replied with a small smile before it dropped from her face. Magnolia's stormy blue eyes narrowed, "Potter, I can't just force her to go out with you, maybe if you would take a second to actually get to know her before trying to jump her bones she would give you the time of day".

"I don't appreciate your cheek, Mini Evans" James retorted. "I think I'll have to deduct five points for that"

Magnolia rolled her eyes and glanced at Sirius who was transfixed on her form. "So, can you lot quiet down, or what?"

Sirius sputtered out a reply, "Of course darling, no worries" he smiled.

Magnolia nodded her head and proceeded to walk back to her table.

When she arrived back the Gryffindor girls were curious of the interaction.

"Li, I don't know how you put up with Potter and his arrogance."

The red head looked up at her sister, "What do you mean?" Lily asked, her eyes narrowed. "Did he say something to you? What did he say? Did Remus put him in his place?"

Magnolia rolled her eyes, blowing out a puff of air. "It's not Rems job to defend me, Potter wasn't being mean, he was just being Potter. I asked them to quiet down and he wanted to negotiate their silence for a date to Hogsmeade.