Chapter Four

Cottage

Sunlight streams in through Magnolia's bedroom window. Her eyes seemingly sealed shut and small snores escaping her mouth.

"You've never looked better Evans" Barty Crouch Jr. whistled at the blonde. A few of the other Slytherins laugh at her expense. Chuckling to herself Magnolia proudly shows off her middle finger blowing a kiss to the Slytherins. Sirius looks at her feeling dejected. He feels conflicted. Him from the future was such a git to her, but present him hasn't mistreated her. He needs to talk to her soon to see where they stand.

Harry sat up in his transfigured crib, looking around disoriented. "MAMA" Harry shrieks. "MAMA" , he starts getting frustrated banging his small fists on the bars of the crib. "DA" "DAAA" the small tot bellowed. Small fists shaking the bars of the crib. Magnolia startles awake in the midst of his screaming.

"Harry, what is it?" she asked groggily. He looked up at her, his green eyes swimming with angry tears, "MAMA" he said expectantly. Magnolia sits up in bed, her brain becoming more alert. "Baby, Mama and Da aren't here. It's just you and Aunt Mags for now" she tries to gently explain to Harry.

His little brow furrows like he's trying to decide to if she's telling the truth. Never did Magnolia think she would be trying to explain death to a toddler. Does she just rip the band aid off or Should she just tell him they're gone on a vacation....forever?

Magnolia ultimately decides James and Lily are just on an infinite vacation to the other side. "Harry" she begins. He looks up at her, a frown still on his little face. "Do you wanna get up and go see Minnie?" , he looks at her blankly for a few seconds before slowly nodding.

Magnolia stands from the bed, making her way to Harry's crib. She performs a nappy charm before placing him on her hip, heading into the kitchen.

Minnie was already awake it seemed. The table was set with two teas and some toast. Hearing the floorboard creak as Magnolia and Harry made their way into the kitchen, McGonagall looks up from the copy of the Daily Prophet. The front cover shining "Lily and James Potter Murdered by You-Know-Who".

The Great Hall looks at the couple sadly, the Devil works hard, but Rita Skeeter works harder.

"News travels fast, huh" Magnolia stated looking at the paper. Minnie looked up and nodded. "Never you mind, we have bigger things to take care of. Eat up and we can get going.".

Magnolia's stomach was churning at the mere thought of food. Deciding to let Harry have her portion, she placed the small plate in front of him. "Moony toast?" he questioned. She looked at the boring, bland toast before nodding and making her way to the fridge. She cut the toast into four pieces, grabbing the butter, marmalade, jam, and lemon curd. Once she had spread an even layer on to each respective piece she set the plate down in front of Harry, along with a small sippy cup of milk.

While Harry was eating, she made a cuppa with leftover peppermint tea.

"You should really eat something Magnolia, you have a long day ahead of you." Minnie scolded her.

"I'm so nervous Min, if I eat anything I'll throw up. What am I gonna do if they don't have a will? How will I get custody of Harry? Where will he go if he isn't with me? Sirius is missing. Remus isn't an option. Peter could never raise a child. Petunia hates magic. I'm Harry's only hope." breathed Magnolia

"It will all work out deary. You have to think positive." Minnie said with a tone of finality.

"You're right, only positive thoughts. Can you watch Harry while I get ready?" she asked, already knowing the answer.