Chapter Five

A few weeks later...

The scene opens to Magnolia Evan's sitting at the kitchen island, quill in hand. Mumbling to herself, "Should I send it? Will he even respond? I mean surely he would, right?".

The Great Hall looked on, wondering who she could be writing that would have her this nervous.

She shook her head, "Magnolia, get it the fuck together. Write the letter, worst case scenario they don't show.". Dipping her quill into the ink pot she begins..

Dear Sev,

I've been debating sending this letter for weeks. I wanted to check in and see how you're coping? I would really like to schedule a time for us to sit down and catch up. You were always like a brother to me. I need as much family as I can get right now. I will allow a week for you to respond to this letter, if you don't respond I understand that you no longer wish to be friends, family, whatever we are. I look forward to your response.

Love Always,

Maggie

Gaps of surprise rang across the Hall. The Marauders being the loudest, they really thought Magnolia was reaching out to Remus. "YOUR WRITING SNIVELLUS" James cried.

Magnolia looked at James with annoyance on her face, "And that concerns you how? If you hadn't noticed James, I don't exactly have any other family.".

Sirius decided now would be a great time to speak up, "You consider him family? Since when?".

Magnolia rolled her eyes before looking over at the Slytherins, Severus was looking at her with a look of hope and longing. "Severus has always been family. I grew up with him. Since I was five years old, he's been protecting me. Whether that be from bullies on the playground, Petunia and her rude arse boyfriend, or even prats hear at Hogwarts. He has always been there when it mattered. And before you even open that gaping hole between your nose and chin, I do know what he called Lily and I. I am very aware and disgusted, but every family goes through rough patches. I'm assuming if future me was seeking him out, I really needed him. In case you forgot, the only person I have is Minnie.".

The Marauders looked at her before nodding there heads and shutting their mouths.

Sealing the letter with lilac colored wax, she walked to the Potter family owl, Aries. He stood tall and proud. Large yellow eyes and thick midnight black feathers.

"Take this to Severus Snape please Aries. Wait for a reply, If he does not reply within the day, come home" Magnolia whispered, tying the letter to his foot.

Aries hooted in reply, nuzzling head into Magnolia's hand.

"Alright, one thing off the to do list. Next up, Yule decorations" Magnolia smiled excitedly.

Magnolia: Ginger! Can you come here please?

The small house elf popped into frame, "Yes, Miss Magnolia?"

Magnolia: Do you know if James and Lily have any Yule decorations for Harry?

Ginger: I's believe they were destroyed by doxys, Mistress Lily was very angry with Master James. She kept saying something about the toerag not knowing how to put things away right. But Ginger didn't know what that meant.

The Great Hall boomed with laughter, Lily looked at James trying to smile innocently. James shook his head with a laugh before looking down at Lily. "Some things never change huh?".

Magnolia snickered while looking at Ginger, "That sounds like something my sister would say." Looking at the clock on the wall, it was a quarter til 12 in the afternoon. "Would you like to come shopping for Yule decorations and a tree with me?"