Part 6: Time is Running Out

"Well, well. Now, ain't this such a sweet and tender moment!" a southern voice spoke from behind.

Everyone but Harley were all too familiar with the voice.

"Striker! The fuck are you doing here!?" Blitz snarled as he held Harley close.

"I'm your client, Blitzy." Striker deviously grinned as he pulled out a knife.

Harley clenched onto Blitz with fear.

"Some humans in black suits have been running wild around hell. I was just about to kill them off until they proposed a deal." Striker explained, "I let them live, and I get to kill the human kid, Harley Ivy." as he pointed his knife towards the child.

"YA REALLY THINK WE'LL JUST HAND HER OVER!?!? NOT A FUCKING CHANCE!!" Blitz shouted.

"HUMANS DO NOT BELONG IN HELL! I'M KILLIN' THAT DAMN VERMON!!" Striker snapped as he lunged for the girl.

Loona swiftly blocked him and sent him flying and crashing into a game stand.

Striker just about had enough as he pulled himself up with a snarl.

"And if humans don't belong in hell, then how come you let the black suit freaks go!?" Blitz questioned.

"I didn't! I used an Asmodean Crystal to send them back!" Striker responded as he held up the crystal.

Everyone was shocked by the sight.

"W-Where did you get one of those!?" Moxxie questioned.

"Just a little deal I made with the King of Lust. I get one of these bad boys, and he got to keep his precious little imp, hehehehe." Striker chuckled.

Blitz immediately wanted to murder him, "THE FUCK DID YOU DO TO FIZZ!?"

"Don't worry, he's back with his big sugar daddy. In mostly good condition, hehe. Enough about that though. . .I WANT MY FUCKING BOUNTY!" Striker growled and snarled.

Blitz never loosened his grip on Harley, as Loona and M&M took a fighting stance in front of them.

"YOU'RE ALL A BUNCH OF FUCKING FREAKS!! PROTECTING A HUMAN!?" Striker shouted.

Striker then lunged at the group.

Everyone started to brawl.

Blitz stayed by Harley's side as he pulled out his gun to try and get a headshot on Striker.

With all the constant movement, he kept missing the shot.

He then managed to shoot a crate of fireworks, causing them to explode and spread fire all across LooLoo Land.

Fear filled Harley's eyes as she tightened her grip on Blitz.

G-Green fire. . . .?

Blitz's eyes widened at the surrounding fire, as awful flashbacks began to flood his mind.

He froze in place as his hands started to tremble.

"Blitz. . .?" Harley quietly said as she looked up at him.

"BLITZ!!" Millie hollered, "YOU NEED TO GET HARLEY OUTTA HERE! NOW!!" as she continued to hold off Striker.

Unfortunately, Blitz was in shock. The only thing running through his mind were the memories of that terrible day on Fizzarolli's birthday.

It sh-should've been m-me. . . I should've l-lost all my l-limbs in the f-fire. . . Shit. I should've DIED in that fire!

Tears began to rush down the imp's cheeks.

"Blitz!" Harley called out, "You gotta snap out of it!" as she gently shook him.

Striker took notice of the angtsy imp and deviously cackled, "What's the matter, BLITZY!? Afraid of a little fire?!"

Loona turned her head around to check on the imp and realized what was happening. He's gone through episodes like this a few times before. And she's the only one who's ever seen them happen first hand.

"He's in shock!" Loona stated to the group, "We gotta go!"

"THAT'S RIGHT! RUN AWAY YA LITTLE FUCKIN' FREAKS!!" Striker shouted, "BUT I'LL FIND YA! I'LL FUCKIN' FIND YOU ALL!!"

Moxxie then set off a smoke bomb in Strikers face so they could flee.

Once they made it back to the van, Moxxie sped off at full speed.

Loona held Blitz close to her as he was still in shock.

Harley looked at the imp with deep worry, "What's wrong with him?"

"He's just going through one of his episodes. . ." Loona explained softly, "He'll be alright, though."

Everyone went home.

Loona carried Blitz inside and laid him on the couch, "Get some sleep." as she covered him with his horse blanket.

Harley was admiring all the photos on the wall more closely than the first time.

Even in photos with him and some horses. . .his face is scribbled out.

"Loona, do you know why he scribbles his face out in all his photos?" Harley asked the hellhound.

"Honestly, I don't know. He doesn't really like to talk about stuff like that." Loona answered.

It then became silent between the two as they decided it was time to head off to bed.

Blitz quietly cried himself to sleep and drifted off into one of his night terrors.

He was surrounded by blazing flames while wearing a red clown nose and circus fit. Shrieks and bloodcurdling screams were all around him, but no one was in sight for miles.

He could hardly breathe as the smoke entered his lungs, and the panic set in.

From afar, he could make out a familiar silhouette of a slightly taller imp.

"M-Mom. . .?" he mumbled.

The fire then quickly surrounded her.

Blitz ran towards his mother at full speed but was too late. He wasn't able to reach her in time before the flames devoured her.

Blitz cried out.

He then jolted up from his sleep as he cried out aloud and trembled.

Harley was startled by the imp's sudden shouting as it woke her up.

She then got up out of bed and went to check on the imp.

"Blitz. . .? Are you okay. . .?" Harley quietly asked with a sincere stare.

The triggered imp clenched his horse blanket as he trembled with his tail tightly wrapped around him in a comforting manner.

Harley didn't feel right leaving him alone this way, so she sat on the couch next to him and softly placed a hand on his forearm.

"Hey. . .it's okay. It was just a bad dream. You're okay now." Harley tried to reassure the demon.

I've never been good at this sort of thing. . . Comforting someone. I'm not too sure what to do in times like this. But leaving him alone is definitely not an option.

Harley then took notice that Blitz was clenching his own arm so hard that he was hurting himself and drawing blood.

But, instead of panicking, she gave the demon a tender embrace.

Blitz was stunned for a moment by the human girl's gesture.

At first, he hesitated, but then he wrapped his arms around the child snugly and quietly cried onto her.

Unknowingly, this is exactly what Blitz needed from someone. To be there with him in a moment of pure vulnerability. When he needed it most.

- End of part 6: Time is Running Out