Chapter 3 - Excursion

Nine days until Christmas.

The next day we all collectively decided to head into town and see what it had to offer for the holidays!

The house was obviously one of the main attractions of the trip. But my brothers also chose Aspen for a reason, so I know that the town had to be so much fun as well. Cal said that Aspen's town is absolutely beautiful and just magical at Christmas time and I totally believe that from our short drive through it on the way to the Aspen House. They also choose it because of the snow and weather too! 

Last night we set up the new tree in the living room. I love it! It was a bit of a hassle to get inside because Caleb was acting like a chicken with his head cut off and Ace gave up after about a minute when he was the one suppose to be directing his friend. So that took a while, but once it was inside I knew that I had chosen the best tree for the job. It was perfect! Perfect height, perfect size around, perfect full-ness, perfect everything. 

Unfortunately, though, the tree was still lacking. Since we couldn't bring any ornaments from home due to having so many of them that it would be too much work to fly them over in the plane. So we weren't able to decorate the tree last night like we normally do the night that we get the tree. 

Instead, we had a quick dinner and we watched one episode of Dance Moms as that's what I'm currently bingeing (Caleb gets into it sometimes, Ace hates it and thinks everything about it is stupid but he doesn't complain). After that we just called it a night early, around 9-ish, due to all of us being tired from our travel day and then the whole finding tree process and getting the tree into the house process.

It's extremely safe to say that my brothers and I are going to have a very eventful trip filled with lots of good laughter. At home we joke around too, but here it's just different — it's like everyone just has the weight lifted of their shoulders and is free to be their true selves. I love it and I love Aspen ... so far.  

Luckily for me too, I slept like a baby last night. It's usually hard for me to sleep in a new place the first night and has been for my entire life, but last night was not one of those times. The bed was like a cloud. It was so warm and fluffy, just lulled me right to sleep! I think I was out in twenty minutes which is very good for me. 

In the morning we had a quick and easy breakfast that Ace made as he got up early for some unknown reason and then loaded into the car and set out for our daily excursion.

"Know any good stores?" I asked my brothers from the front.

Both my brother and his best friend are known — at least to me — to be pretty planful guys. Ace at least one hundred percent is and Cal is most of the time. I also know that both of them put a lot of hard work and effort into choosing Aspen and this house to stay in and everything that goes along with this trip. I am very grateful to them this holiday season — and yes, I know it's not thanksgiving anymore. 

At the same time, I realistically don't know how much they planned. They were both very secretive about the planning as I didn't even know we were going on a winter trip until a few days ago. Then when I knew they both kept their lips sealed shut about what we were doing and everything like that. So who knows if they know any good shops or not, I should at least ask!  

Ace shrugged.

"Nah, we've never been here." Caleb responded. "I guess we'll just go down the street, shop for a little, grab lunch and then come back to the Aspen House."

Oh yeah, I kinda let it slip to my brothers that I had been calling it the Aspen House so now it's just something that we all do and that has majorly caught on. It's a little embarrassing but it's also fun at the same time to all have a special name for the special place so I try to keep my embarrassment to a minimum.