Chapter 7 - Antagonizer

Five days until Christmas. 

On the way home from ice skating we all had a grand time recounting lots of our endeavors on this ice skating trip. And my brothers told me a little bit about their mini ice hockey career - Ace agrees that it's mini, Caleb thinks he was and still is a pro.

Caleb and Ace apparently played ice hockey for a couple years in middle school. Caleb wanted to play it since he thought it was super cool and then roped Ace into playing. But overtime the two decided that they'd rather play football which is what they ended up playing in highschool.

"You're so full of crap, Ace." Caleb shot at his best friend, slamming the door of the car and shooting a less than amused look at his friends.

Things were all fun and games until Ace brought up the topic that Cal wasn't as good as he says he was when they were playing hockey.

My brother even went as far as to say that one time Caleb was so distraught Ace was getting so much more playing than him that Ace had to go up to the coach and said he wouldn't play if Cal didn't. I thought it was a very touching story, showing him much Ace cares about Cal even through his tough exterior he puts on. But my brother's best friend thought it was embarrassing and got quiet there for a while.

Ace shrugged, also stepping out of the car, not willing to give Caleb the time of day.

Caleb threw his in the air, practically throwing his keys into his pocket and walking away from us.

I sighed and also got out of the car, shaking my head at their brotherly bickering before following after my brother.

His shoulders were slightly hunched over, his brown jacket hung loose on his body as a splash of white hit him on the back. My eyes went wide and I covered my mouth with my hand, stifling a mixture between a gasp and a giggle.

Ace turned around slowly, his bright blue eyes going wild as he zeroed in on his best friend, immediately skipping over me. "The fuck?" He barked, taking a couple harmless steps towards Caleb.

Caleb was fighting to hide his smile as he quirked an eye at Ace, throwing his hands in the air. "What's the matter, Acey?" He asked, ever so calmly.

My brother licked his lips, turning to the side for a second with a look of sheer disbelief on his face, as if he was trying to compose himself.

Before I knew it Ace's body was flying through the air as he tackled Caleb right off his feet and into a pile of snow. Both of the boys landed into a huge pile, Caleb on the bottom and Ace on the top. The thing was, Caleb was solid, he had a great build and more than enough muscle so you would think it would take a lot for someone to take him down. But my big brother made it look like he was simply a leaf that was blown - or mauled should I say - right to the ground.

My jaw hit the floor. I was completely floored at that second. I have never witnessed my brother act so childish in practically his entire life. Ace would never! And yet he just did.

It gets even better as Ace stands up almost immediately - showing Caleb that he didn't have to go down with him and Caleb was the real loser here. Ace grabbed some snow and shoved it right in Caleb's face, shoving the slightly younger boy further into the pile of snow. I saw Ace practically blinding Cal with the sheer amount of snow and how Ace was also pulling Caleb's beanie further and further over his eyes.

I hear Ace's deep rumble of laughter as he takes a couple steps away from Caleb, clearly very happy and finished with his work - now admiring it.

Caleb spazzes around in the snow for a second before he jumps up, finally getting his bearings. He furiously wipes the snow from his face and upper chest, his breathing hard and taught. When we are finally about to see Cal's face I notice the harsh look he is sending my brother.