He's a Keeper// Chapter 2

I was awoken by the sound of people getting ready. I slowly got out of bed, not wanting to leave its comfort. Then I remembered, I get to see Oliver, so I bounced out of bed and went down to the Great Hall. I saw him eating his breakfast, reading the Daily Prophet. "Hey Oliver," I said as I sat down next to him. "Good morning m'lady. How did ya sleep?" My cheeks turned red when he called me 'm'lady.' Nobody has called me that before. "It was great, thank you for asking." He returned a smile and continued to read. "So the sign up sheets for quidditch go up this week. Are you going to sign up?" I was glad to be going back to the gold old days of playing quidditch, I missed it. "Of course." Oliver made me love the sport again, and I could never thank him enough. He walked me to my first class, since we wouldn't see each other until later. "I'll see ya later." He smiled, gave me a hug, and replied, "See ya later m'lady." He walked away, while I was still standing in awe. I walked into Herbology and found an open spot next to a guy. He seemed familiar, but I couldn't remember who he was. The class was settling down and I couldn't stop thinking about who that guy was, that's until he turned around. "Violet? Is that you?!" Now I knew who he was, Stephen Lions.

  Stephen was on the quidditch team when I was there. I had developed a small crush on him. He asked me out in my third year, after I quit the team. We started dating and he was so sweet, until that day. I saw him holding a girl's hand and was kissing her. I never talked to him ever since. I was at a loss for words. He engulfed me in a hug. "It's been so long, how have you been?" I didn't want to talk to him. He crushed me and I don't want him to walk back into my life. "Umm, I've been, uh, fine." He pulled away and went back to talking to his friends. This was going to be a long year.

  I can't get away from Stephen. He is in all of my classes, every one of them. I saw Oliver as I walked into my last class, DADA. "Hey Violet. Are you okay?" I put my stuff down and faced him, "I'll tell you later." I saw Stephen walk in and give me a wink before continuing to talk with his friends. "Does it have to do with him?" Oliver questioned, looking over at Stephen. I just nodded, not wanting to say a word. We listened to what Professor Quarrel was saying. The whole time, I felt Stephen's eyes on me. I was starting to feel uncomfortable. When class ended, I wanted to leave as fast as I could. "Oliver, can we leave? Now?" He understood and we walked out. I then felt an arm grip mine and pull me back. "Hey, we should meet up. I've missed you," he whispered. Before he left, he kissed my cheek, smirked, and walked away. Oliver knew I was uncomfortable, so he pulled me to a corner. "What's up with him?" I took a deep breath. "In my third year, we dated. He was sweet and one of my few friends. One day, I saw him with another girl, kissing her. I haven't talked to him since. I just don't want to be near him." I didn't realize I was crying. Oliver pulled me into a hug. "I won't let him near you, I promise." I was so glad I had Oliver. I didn't want to let him go.