He's a Keeper// Chapter 19

I made a promise to myself. I promised that one would make what might be Oliver's last days be his best. I wanted him to forget about last year. To forget about Stephen, all of it. I only want him to remember the good times. We spent the weeks having fun. We went to amusement parks, museums, everything. We were laying in his bed one day. "I have something planned for tonight." "What is it?" "You'll have to wait and see." I hate waiting. As you can tell, I don't have much patience. But he was going through some tough times, so I was going to wait. I fell asleep. When I woke up, Oliver was gone. "Oliver?" I looked around his room. I found a note on his nightstand. I noticed a picture frame. It was me and him, messing around, kissing, having a good time. I smiled and picked up the note. 'Come to the lake by my house. Wear something comfy. XOXO, Oliver.' I got up and got ready. I got into comfy clothes, maybe too comfy. I walked out to the lake. I saw Oliver. There were jar lights on the trees, a few candles, and picnic blanket. "What's this?" "Late night picnic." I was in awe. He took my hand and walked me over. He really outdone himself. "This is amazing. But you didn't have to do this." "Yes I did. I'd do anything for you." We sat down and started to eat. We talked, had a bunch of laughs, and snuck in a few kisses. We sat there, looking at the stars. "Can I ask you a favor?" "Anything." He sighed. "How good are you at speeches?" "Eh, okay, I guess. Why?" He paused. "Can you write a eulogy?" I paused. He knew he was going to die. He wanted me to write a eulogy for his funeral. "Please? I understand if it's too much." "No, I'll do it." I promised him I'd do anything for him. If his wish was for me to write a eulogy for him, that's what I'll do. "I bet you, yours will be the best." And that's what I planned to do.

  I sat in his room, writing his eulogy. I wanted to make this special, he deserves it. I looked back over it, happy with my work. I put it in my trunk. "What's that?" a thick Scottish accent echoed the room. "That is your eulogy." He nodded. "Will I get to see it?" "Some time." He nodded. He was thinking about something, I don't know what. We decided to fly around on our brooms today. After that, Oliver said he wanted to do something special. He told me to meet him by the lake, and bring my eulogy. I walked out to see Oliver, sitting on the picnic blanket. He motioned me to come over. "What's this?" He took a deep breath. "I don't know what will happen in the future. So right now, I want to hear your eulogy." That was what got me. He just told me that he would die very soon. He said he doesn't have much time left. I couldn't bare the thought of Oliver leaving. But I had to do it, for Oliver. I took out my paper and started to read.

   "Oliver Wood, what a guy. An amazing quidditch player, a great friend, and the best boyfriend a girl could ask for. Right from the day you meet him, he leaves a smile on your face. How do I know? Because that's what he did to me. Even though I met him this year, he changed my life. He stood up for me, he took pain, he suffered, just for his loved ones. He made my bad days better. He took my best days and made them go above and beyond. He can also make you realize things about your life. I gave up my passion, but he got me back into it. He made my cheeks blush, my stomach do back-flips, and made my heart flutter. Weather it was his charming smile, bubbly personality, or the way he'd always call me 'malady,' he made me feel special. Writing this eulogy, I realized something. You don't get many people like Oliver in this world. That's why I made sure to cherish my last days in this world with Oliver. I'll always love him, even if I move on, like he wanted me to do. And I don't care that our relationship wasn't normal. So what if we had rough times? He was always there to cheer you up. Oliver, if you're listening, hear me out. I will love you for eternity. After this, I hope you think about what I've said. I hope you realize that Oliver? He's a Keeper.