He's a Keeper// Chapter 12

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Stephen's brother killed Brandon. I dropped to my knees, sobbing loudly. Oliver came over and wrapped his strong arms around me. I jumped into his arms. His shirt was stained with my tears. Today was a horrible day. "Oliver, I can't do this anymore. I can't stand to be near him anymore. I..." He petted my hair, trying to calm me down. "Hey, it's okay. He was expelled from Hogwarts. He's not coming back." "Promise?" I whispered. "Promise," he replied. He kissed the side of my head and helped me up. We walked back to the castle. It was okay to go back inside. I just wanted to get to my bed and finish this day. Oliver walked me back to my dorm. "I have a question." I turned around to face him. His eyes had worry in them, probably from me. I nodded, telling him to continue. "Back at the lake, were you really, uh, going to..." He couldn't finish, but I knew what he was going to ask, was I really going to kill myself. "I don't know. I guess I might've." His head dropped. I saw a tear fall from his gorgeous brown eyes. I walked over and wrapped my arms around him. "I'm sorry Oliver. I promise I won't do it again." "Promise?" I told myself that I will keep the promise, but who knows what can happen. "Promise," I replied.

  I sat in my dorm, looking at the picture. It was the one with my brother. I missed him. I missed him so much. I needed him here now. I wonder what would've happened if he was here? Would Stephen have left me alone. Would I have still been on the quidditch team? And if I did quit, would I have met Oliver? So many questions swam through my head. "Ms. Pine, please come with me to Professor Dumbledore's office." Professor McGonagall came down, almost out of breath. I got up and rushed down to Dumbledore's office. There was a man looking around in there. He had light brown hair, like mine. He was pretty tall. Just then, my mom walked into the office. "Mom? What are you doing here?" "They told me to come, I don't know why?" Then, the man turned around. Our jaws dropped. He had light brown eyes. I knew those eyes. "B-Brandon?" He smiled and chuckled. "Hey Violet, miss me?" I ran into his arms. I couldn't believe it. "You're alive?" He nodded. I hugged him again. I felt tears in my eyes. After three years, my brother was alive. I backed up so my mom could have her moment. I still couldn't believe it. "What happened? We thought you were dead?" "I survived the fire. I couldn't find my way back, so I stayed in the town close by. That's when Dumbledore contacted me. He told me that I was a great wizard and that he wants me to be an assistant professor." "That's amazing!" my mother told him. He walked over to me. "Jeez kid, you grew up!" "That's what happens when you leave for three years." We both laughed. We hadn't had a moment like this in forever, I missed it. "How's quidditch?" Brandon, always talking about quidditch. "Well, I joined the team again this year. It's been great, I missed it." "What do you mean?" He doesn't know that I quit. "Well, after you left, I quit the team." "WHAT!?" Oops. Then I remembered something. I made a promise to him that I wouldn't quit, no matter what. "I'm sorry Brandon. It's just, quidditch reminded me so much of you. I didn't want to be around something that reminded me so much of you because I thought you were gone." He took a step back. "I didn't realize I had that much of an affect on your life." "Heck yeah!" I started crying again. He hugged me again. God, I missed him. He would be so proud of me, I did what he wanted, I made friends. But then I thought about what he would think of what happened this year. What would he think about Stephen doing the things he did? What would he think of me almost killing myself? What would he think of Oliver?