He's a Keeper// Chapter 11

There are people in this world that were meant to be put there to give you a hard time. Stephen was one of those people. Every time I'd see him in the hall, he'd give me a glare. If looks could kill, I would be gone 2 weeks ago. But then my day would brighten up when Oliver would walk by and make the half heart, he was so sweet. I was roaming the walls of Hogwarts, I had nothing better to do, why not roam around. I heard footsteps against the ground. I stopped and looked around, trying to find who was there. "We need to talk," a voice said. I didn't need to see a person to know whose voice that was. "What do you want?" He walked out of the shadows. "We need to have a conversation." "There is nothing to talk about. Just leave me alone." I started for the door, only to have my hair pulled back. "I'm not finished. I want to talk to you." He dropped me to the ground. "Listen, we're a mess. Every time we see each other, bad things happen." "That's because you always have to be a jerk an-" " I'm not done! Look, I want things to go back to the way they were before. When we were good friends. Can we start over?" I got up and backed away from him. "Now, you listen. I want you to leave me alone. Don't come near my friends, my family, don't come near me. I want nothing to do with you. You messed with me after the quidditch match, you beat up Oliver, you zapped me in the throat, you got in that fight at Hogsmede, you cheated on me. I want nothing to do with you." I started to walk away, when he pulled me back. He took out his wand and aimed at a rug. He sent a spark from his wand and set it on fire. He walked out the door and locked it. I ran to the door and started pounding away. "Help! Fire!" I started coughing uncontrollably. I don't remember the spell for water. Anyway, the fire was spreading, that much water wouldn't do much. I heard the bell that signaled a fire. I kept coughing. The fire was too much for me. I spotted a window and opened it. It was too small for me to get through, so I screamed for help. "Help! Help!" "Violet!" I heard a loud shout. It was deep and full of concern. I knew that voice. It was a thick Scottish accent.

  I waited by the window, hoping that someone would come soon. I was starting to get dizzy, the smoke was filling my lungs. "Violet, hold on!" I knew who that was, and I was so glad. The door flew down and Oliver came in. He slung my arm over his shoulder and we ran out of the room. It was so nice to have fresh air. A fire team came in. A few medics were there. They got to me and tried to get the smoke out. Professor Dumbledore came by. "Ms. Pine, could you tell us what happened." I tried to get words out, nothing came out. "Don't Say much, just tell us what, or who did it." I sat up a little, trying to get words out. "It was Stephen," I whispered. Dumbledore gave me a "Thank you," and walked away. I saw Oliver, his knuckles were in a fist, turning white, anger in his eyes. "He did this?" I nodded. He got a lot more angry. "Oliver." He looked down at me. He saw the fear in my eyes. He wrapped me in his arms. "I'm so sorry, I'm sorry. That will never happen again. I love you, so much." I hugged him tighter. Today was too much, and I needed him right now.

  After that, I walked to the lake. Stephen was walking by with some teachers. He got away from them and stepped toward me. I got out my wand and put it to my neck. He stopped, noticing what I was doing, and took another step towards me. "Don't come near me. One more step and I do it. You won. I give up." "Violet don't!" a voice called. Oliver and Angelina came by. I stopped them with my hand. "Just leave me alone. Either Stephen walks away or I kill myself, his choice." Stephen looked at me, worry in his eyes. Tears were streaming down my face. "Violet, please. Put the wand down." I looked at Oliver. "Oliver, I'm sorry. I can't take it. He has pushed me over the limit. I love you, and I'm sorry." Stephen was walking away. "Any last words before you leave?" He stopped and turned around. "Yes, one more thing...... My brother and his friends killed Brandon."