Chapter 1

"Rebecca, pack your things... We're gonna leave early in the morning," Kuya Renz said to me when I entered his room. I was puzzled by what he said.

"Kuya... Why? Where are we going?" I asked, seeking clarification.

"Just... Do what I say, Becca. After you pack, go to Dad's office. I have something to discuss with you, okay?" My Brother's urgency made me nod in response.

I went back to my room and followed my brother's instructions, quickly packing my belongings. Once I finished, I made my way to Daddy's office.

As I entered, I sat in the vacant seat in front of Dad's office table, while my brother sat on Dad's swivel chair, surrounded by various papers.

"What is it that you want to discuss with me, Kuya?" I asked, feeling a mix of curiosity and concern.

He took a deep breath before looking at me.

"Bec, you know what's happening, right?" he asked, his voice filled with seriousness.

I nodded, my heart pounding in my chest. "Yes, Kuya. I know about the recent abductions and the dangers we face."

My Brother's next words sent shockwaves through me. "One of my schoolmate's sisters was abducted a few weeks back, and they found her body this afternoon, Becca..."

The gravity of the situation hit me. I hadn't realized how serious things had become for the children of the top richest families in the country, including ours.

Fear gripped me, and I couldn't help but worry about my own safety.

Kuya Renz continued, "I talked to Dad earlier, and since you've graduated from high school, we decided to enroll you in St. Vincent. That way, we can be together, and I can keep an eye on you."

St. Vincent International Academy, a prestigious private school for elites, was where most children of business tycoons attended. It seemed like a logical choice for added security.