Chapter 5

It's been months since Freen chose me as her Student Assistant.

After what happened between her and my brother that night, I noticed that Kuya Renz became more careful with his words when talking to Freen. However, there were still times when they couldn't avoid getting into arguments.

As for Freen and me, things remained the same. She still teased me, but I can say that we have become friends to some extent.

Just like now, I'm about to taste her cooking. Because of our busy schedules at school these past few weeks, Freen often buys food for our dinner. Sometimes, we eat out with her friends, including my brother and Nat.

I realized that my brother and Freen have the same group of friends. It's heartwarming to see that despite their differences, their friends remain neutral and don't take sides.

 It's heartwarming to see that despite their differences, their friends remain neutral and don't take sides

"You know, you're already wifey material. Your cooking is so delicious," I said to Freen.

"It's just sunny side up, bacon, and fried rice, Monique. Don't be too dramatic," she replied, ruining the moment.

Tss! She's such a mood killer.

"I'll go shower first. Nat and I have something to do before class," I said, about to clean up the dishes, but Freen stopped me.

"I'll take care of that. You go shower," she insisted.

I nodded in agreement.

"Ah, Monique..."

"Hmm?" I paused, sensing that Freen wanted to say something but was hesitant.

Is something bothering her?

"Ahm, nothing... Just go shower," she finally said, scratching her head before starting to clean up our dining area.

I didn't pay her any more attention and went into our room to take a shower.

♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦

As Nat and I were heading home, we ran into my brother outside the building.

"Hey, Monique... can I talk to you for a second?" He said as we crossed paths.

"Yeah, sure," I replied, glancing at Nat.

"Um, i'll just wait for you in the golf cart, Mon," Nat said.

"No need, Nathaniel. You can go home first. Monique and I will go home together. we're just going somewhere for a while.," my brother said to Nat.

"Okay, Sir Renz," Nat agreed.

Once Nat left, my brother led me to a secluded area of the building where not many students passed by.

"What is it, Kuya? Is there a problem?" I asked him immediately.

"No, there isn't. Dad called earlier. He wants to have dinner with us, well, via video call, of course. It's been months since he returned from his business trip, and we haven't been able to go home. He already misses us, Rebecca," he said, a hint of sadness in his smile.