CHAPTER SIX

Wichapas looked at his wrist watch. Half past eight in the evening. The quiet room was interrupted by a sound of coughing from Ta. The kid squirmed above the man causing Build to wake up. Build immediately saw the man standing beside the bed.

"Hi." Wichapas said. Sitting down at the side of the bed.

Build smiled at him, running his hand on Ta's back trying to sooth the kid who's still coughing. A few moments after, they heard gagging. That's when they both found out that Ta is vomiting on Build's chest. But Build didn't move and let the kid finish his business. Wichapas was amazed because the man didn't even flinch or look disgusted.

"How do you feel?" he asked his brother.

But Ta looked at his older brother, but the stare was blank.

"Are you okay?" Wichapas leaned forward, putting his hand on Ta's back. But instead of a flat back, his hand landed on Build's hand. They both stopped and looked at each other. "I think we need to bring him to the hospital." Wichapas said.

"Don't worry. I think it's the effect of the medicine. He vomited the phlegm, I guess." Build looked down at Ta who's still staring blankly on the wall. "If he's not well by tomorrow, let's bring him to the hospital."

Wichapas nodded, still worried but he'll take what Build said.

"I need to stand up and bring him to the bathroom. Can you get him a pair of pajamas so I can change him?"

Wichapas removes the blanket that was covering them and helps Build stand up while still holding Ta. He guided them to the bathroom. After that, he ran to the closet and fetched a pair of clothes for Ta. He came back to the bathroom and placed the clothes on the sink where Ta is sitting and Build is stripping him off.

"I'll get you clothes too. I'll ask someone to change the covers." He didn't wait for Build to answer and left. Build is covered with vomit so he needs new clothes.

He went out of the room and went straight to his own room on the other wing of the house. He was about to pass the stairs when he saw Prem. Maybe the dinner was ready and he was about to call them.

"Tell someone to bring a new sheet and blanket to the kids' room." He said and passed by his assistant.

When he reached his room, he grabbed a shirt and pants from his closet and left again going back to the kids' room, almost running. When he got there, Ta and Build were still inside the bathroom.

"Here. They are new. I haven't worn them." Wichapas placed the clothes where he placed Ta's clothes earlier.

"Thank you. Hold him, please. I will change." Build said.

Wichapas went near them and fetched Ta. "Hey. Let's go out. Phi Build will change." Ta held him like a panda, pressing his cheeks on his shoulder.

They went out of the bathroom the exact moment Dao and Prem entered holding the new sheet and blanket. They looked at the bed and saw the stains, clearly knowing immediately what happened. Prem scooped the sleeping Tin out of the bed and Dao quickly changed the sheet and the blanket. It's a good thing Tin is a heavy sleeper. Build went out of the bathroom wearing the clothes Wichapas gave him. It's a little big but it still looks good on him. By the time Dao finished changing the sheet, Ta was already sleeping on Wichapas' hold. Prem put down Tin and Wichapas put down Ta on the other side. They tucked them both. Dao fetched all the dirty linen as well as the clothes inside the bathroom, including Build's, and she left.

"The dinner is ready. I'll look for the kids while you both eat." Prem said.

Wichapas nodded before looking back at the sleeping kids. He walked over Build and ushered him outside. Wichapas lead the way to the patio. Build is a little confused as to why they are not going to the dining area. After a few turns, they arrived on the patio where food is set on the table.