CHAPTER NINETEEN

(I just want to share that I was listening to I want you by SB19 while writing the x scene.)

~

Build went to the hospital. He wants to talk to his personal doctor. The only doctor who knows about his condition aside from his brother. He is the only doctor who is aware of Build's rare condition because he was Than's best friend. And right after they graduated, he became Build's personal doctor because Than went far away from their father.

Build is sitting anxiously inside the doctor's office. Dr. Chat is still not there as he was attending to some patients in the ward, as stated by the nurse earlier. Build kept pinching his fingers, trying to ease himself. A click from the door made him look back.

"Good morning." A wide smiling man greeted him and proceeded to sit on his own chair.

"Good morning." Build tried to act as normal as he can be.

"What's up? Are you alright?" Dr. Chat asked.

Build had to clear his throat before answering. "Phi Than is home. Have you met him already?"

"Yes. We met the day before yesterday. He's still the same Than I know." Dr. Chat laughed a little. Build felt the longing in his voice. Yes, he knows. Dr. CHat likes his brother, not just as a best friend.

That's a queue for him. It means he and his brother had talked already and they shared information.

"Phi."

The doctor looked at him. Build doesn't call him 'phi' inside the hospital. Build is too professional about him being a doctor so it was shocking to hear him talk like that.

"I heard Dad and Phi talking yesterday. I know you already have an idea about it. Tell me."

Dr. Chat sat upright. He rested his arms on the table before looking at Build seriously. "What do you mean?"

Build looked at him in the eyes, begging. "I heard him say that my condition is getting worse. What does that mean? Tell me."

Dr. Chat's breath hitch, caught off guard with the statement. "You won't believe me if I say I don't have any idea, would you?"

"No." Build shook his head.

The doctor took a deep breath before speaking. "Build, your brother told me not to tell you yet. He wants us to assess the situation thoroughly before letting you know."

Build knotted his eyebrows. "I know you're his best friend and your loyalty is to him but I am your patient. You have the responsibility to tell me what's wrong with me."

"I know. But..."

"Phi, it's me. I am the 'situation' you are pertaining to. I have the right to know what's going on with me." Build's anxiety suddenly started to heighten. It's on peak.

Dr. Chat looked him in the eyes, trying to reason out everything. But he cannot neglect the fact that Build is his patient and has the right to know. "Have you been feeling anything weird lately? Like some symptoms that you haven't encountered before."

Build things carefully. "I had frequent stomach pains. Sometimes, I get tired easily despite the fact that I am physically active. And occasional headaches as well."

The doctor nods. "Yes, those are the new symptoms." he cleared his throat before scrolling on his computer. "For several years, your omega didn't bother you. No heats, no extra senses. You are an omega living a life that you're not supposed to be. As time passes by, things could be hard and painful for you. Your unused omega side is starting to break you."