III. Time

𝔖𝔖𝔖𝔖

"Come here you witch" the older woman yanked her long black hair, pulling and dragging it as though she wanted to pull it out.

"I'm not a witch" A younger Abrar seethed, her eyes red with rage and filled with unshed tears as she watched her mother passed out on the floor.

"You never know when to stop talking right? I'll cut off your mouth" the other young girl smacked her head on the wall, stopping only when her forehead and nose were covered in blood and new bruises alongside the other ones, she then continuously punched her belly until she threw up emptying the contents in her stomach. "You better clean this up, ugly witch," The younger girl said before leaving the room with her mother.

Abrar limped to her mother's side as she tried carrying her up but she fell back on the floor, she was so weak she couldn't move again.

She wrapped her arms around her mother's shoulder and wiped her tears away, wondering what ifs,

what if she came earlier,

Her mama wouldn't have been alone and passed out, she would have tried to stop it. Tried.

What if she wasn't on time...

                               ༺☆༻

𝔇𝔯𝔞𝔨𝔢- 𝔗𝔦𝔪𝔢 𝔣𝔩𝔦𝔢𝔰

𝔖𝔖𝔖𝔖
Abrar

Time. expensive, elegant and very precious.

Not many people have the luxury of it. It's with everybody at the same time against everybody, no mankind on earth can work without it, everyone waits for it but it never waits for a single soul, once you miss even a second, you can never get it back. Time is like a marathon it's either your are ahead of it or you're behind it.

Time makes people run like hungry lions when their prey is on sight or zombies in an apocalypse, which ever one of the above that suits the narrative, it makes people patient, it makes people gain something as well as the opposite, people cry, laugh, grieve, die, birth, get angry, afraid, excited, When it's time.

And because of that said time I am getting to work later than usual, I sign in at the reception desk before walking straight to my office.

On entering the office still standing by the door, a strangely familiar black envelope sitting on my desk catches my eye, I would be lying if I say my heart didn't skip a beat, and definitely not in the good way.

I amble to the table, taking a tissue paper from my table of course for safety measures to pick up the small envelope, deciding on whether or not I should open it, choosing the former I tear open the envelope revealing a note, the writing in black fine print making me squint my eyes to read what it contains,