IV. Advice

𝔇𝔜𝔖𝔗ℑ𝔑ℭ𝔗- 𝔏𝔞                                𝔖𝔖𝔖𝔖                                 Abrar

𝔇𝔜𝔖𝔗ℑ𝔑ℭ𝔗- 𝔏𝔞
𝔖𝔖𝔖𝔖
                                 Abrar

I guess that never underestimate anyone saying is something I should really put into consideration when dealing with people. Him.

My plan was; Tell him not to get married, say yes to the proposal, wait for him to decline the proposal, then finally carry on with my life.

I did my own part waiting for everything to fall into place, then tell me why things didn't go as planned, tell me why everything backfired, just tell me why I didn't think things through, why I didn't think that man would possibly accept to marry me.

I literally forgot about him, he was just a problem I thought I figured the solution to, only to be sent a message of his approval two weeks later.

I sigh loudly, exiting from my aunt's message, tapping the single button on the right side making the screen go black.

Exiting the office to the ward to check up on my patient that is getting discharged later.

"I'm glad to hear that your child is being discharged. How is she feeling now?" I say to the mother of the patient we performed surgery on weeks ago.

"Thank you very much! She's feeling much better now." She smiles softly.

"Oh Alhamdulillah! That's great. Also if there are specific medications or follow-up appointments, I'll make sure to mention them. You can also reach out to me if you have any questions later on."

"Okay will do insha Allah, thank you very much we really appreciate your help and guidance throughout this process."

"You're very welcome!" I turn to the girl and pull out a chocolate bar from my pocket handing it to her, her teeth on display as she smiles, "Wishing you a swift recovery!"

"Thank you, Doctor. Have a great day!" She says.

"You too! Take care, bye!" I say to both the mother and daughter duo, before leaving them.

                                  . . .

"Okay Mama!" Asmau—the doctor I share the room with—exclaims before terminating the call, speaking to a woman I assume to be her mother. I'm not usually this nosy but for the past few minutes I have been very entertained by a conversation I'm probably not supposed to be listening to. I mean the call speaker is either activated or the voice on the other end is very loud, and when the room is quiet the only choice I have is to listen.

Okay I also had the choice to not listen but I did anyways.

"Fuuuuuuckkkk" she whisper shouts, putting her head down on the table, she turns her head to my direction and smiles almost creepily, I narrow my eyebrows and she stops smiling, groaning out loudly.