II- Invitations

Shubman's POV
*notification*
Sara
Thodi der baad free ho kya? Call karna hai. Its important.

Shub recieved the notification and frowned. He was on cloud nine. Him and Sara had been talking for a few days via text and call and on top of that he was in the playing 11 for the world cup. This was everything he dreamt of as a kid. He thought everything was absolutely perfect between him and Sara so why was the tone of her message a bit off?

He replied to her that he was free anytime to which she said she would call two hours later. Him and Sara were friends. In his teenage years he always had a crush on her. Back then even the idea of them being friends was unimaginable to him. She was pretty, smart, confident and he was just him. Then she went to London reducing all his chances. A long time had passed since then. His crush had gone away (sort of). But what could be 'important' was worrying him.

Ishan😝

Bhaii sun na

Kya hua??

Bhai pata hai Sara bol rhi hai call karna hai and that there is somehing 'important'

Bhabi ji call karna chahti hai to burai kya?

shut up yaar shes not ur bhabi

Don lie shubi

I am not lying

Achha ji to phir when she came during IPL and jab maine bola shes beautiful o itna bara death glare kyun dia mereko?

Maine koi death glare flare nahi dia

Jhoote

Bro stop changing the topic
What does she mean by "Important'

Shadi ke liye invite karegi

KYA

Th is wrong w u itna over thinking kyun kar raha hai?

idk

There is a reason why they call u virat bhais successor
Over thinking bhi unhise milta hai

Blah blah
Chup kar

What Ishan was saying was right. He was overthinking. Soon Sara called him. "Hello, Punjabi munda" She said. She seemed to be in a good mood. "Hello, Mumbai ki ladki" "Thank god isbar tumne London girl nahi bulaya." He chuckled. "Ab kaise bulau ab to wapas India aa gayi ho. Waise kya bolna tha?"

"Oh ha. Next week humare ghar ek meet up party sort of hoga jaha current and ex- Indian players are gonna come. To you have an invite. Actually Papa hi karte but mujhe invite karna tha to I called you." She said excitedly. "Ohh" "Tum free ho na?" " Ha swayam bhagwan ke ghar party hai aur mein na jau aise ho sakta hai kya?" She burst out laughing. Her laugh was so adorable.

"By the way iski kya purpose hai?" He asked. "You know every Indian player treats world cup like the most important thing in their career and at some point it is true but it does bot define any player. Jab tumhare jaise youngsters or Rohit bhai who is a new captain yeh world cup kheloge to you will have a lot of pressure on you. Iska yeh hi purpose hai taki tumhare pressure ko thoda reduce kare." she explained carefully.

"And also ek shart hai. You are not allowed to post pictures on social media." "No problems with that. By the way sirf yeh hi bolne ke liye call kiye the ya fir koi aur baat bhi kar sakte hai?" He asked smirking. "Kar to sakte hai" he could hear her smiling from the other end.

"Shubi?" "hmm?" "You're very nervous about this arent you?" "How do you know?" She laughed "I grew up in this surrounding obviously I know" For some reason he wanted to tell her everything. Everything he was scared to tell anyone else. "I am scared. Scared that we will fail. I will fail them" he said unaware that his voice was breaking.

She took a breath and in a very soft voice said, "Shubi who do you think is the greatest batsman in the world?" "Sachin sir." "Well I hope you do know he didn't win the world cup until his sixth season." She paused a little then said, "Do you know who my father thinks is the greatest Indian captain?" "No"

"Sourav Chachu eventhough he won the cup under Mahi bhai. Did Chachu win the cup?" "No" "Still my father thinks he is the best Indian captain because of his legacy. His leadership is the reason why that era of cricket is golden. He risked his captaincy several times to back his players, to take daring steps. To create a group of fearless players is no smaller than winning a cup. From when was young my father used to non stop talk about him 'Dadi this' 'Dadi that'. Do you think his legacy is any less because he doesn't have the cup beside his name?"

Now he understood what she was trying to do. "He is one of the greatest captains ever." "So, One single trophy cant decide your greatness. So stop worrying and just give it your hundred percent. Baki agar bhagwan chahe to hoga warna nahi. Aur nahi bhi hoga to-" "koi baat nahi." "exactly"

There was a voice in the background from the other side. " Kis ke sath itna has ke baat kar rahi hai?" "Shubman ke sath, kyun tera kya problem?"

"Hello, Sara. Kaun he?" There was a little problem in the network. "Hello, Shubi bro its me Arjun" "Hi, bro whats up" "Dekh na mein papa ko bolne wala tha taki mein tujhe call kar pau par yeh di ne 'Nahi main call karungi' karke papa ko mana lia" "achha?" " Arjun meri phone mujhe de." "Um, hello?" "Huh I am very sorry, woh mera gadha bhai kuch bhi kehta hai" "No problem, I thought it was cute ki you wanted to invite me"

He could feel her blush on the other side. "Thank you and bye" "Byee"

a/n :How do u guys like it???