IV- New friends and feelings

A/n: Guys Ik this is a Shubsara centred book but I really want to have the Shreyas-Raima romance as the secondary plot. Because it will add more to the story.+ Lyrics of Pehla Nasha will be in this chapter.

Sara's POV
The whole guesthouse was dressed in fancy lights and decorations all around. Preparations for tbe big day of the party that her father arranged was here. And yes guest house because it would be stupidity to host a 'secretive' party in a house that is surrounded by paps all the time.

If Sara was a rebel she would have spent her teens sneaking in boys,here but she wasn't. But this was definitely a special place. This place always bought something new in her life. Always.

The house was filled with joy. Mostly in the form of her fathers world class cricketer friends, their wives and children. At one corner there was her father with Sourav Ganguly, Rahul Dravid, Virender Sehwag, Anil kumble, Zahir khan and others and their wives were huddled around her mother. On the sofa was Mahi bhai with his Cheeku and Ro attached to him and near the drinks was their kiddos. But the one her eyes were searching for was still not there.

She had worn her best dress and done the best hair and makeup just for him. But why?? Why was she doing this for someone who was her so called friend. Why would she look for excuses to bring him up in conversations. No one knew the answer. Not even her.

The door bell rang and she ran to open th door. There stood a dashing gentleman in a suit, who happened to be the one she was waiting for. He had a bouquet in her hand. He stared at her with wide eyes. Eventhough she knew he didn't voluntarily do that. It was just spontaneous. "Hi" she said which broke the awkward silence. "Hi, um you look gorgeous" She blushed and said "You don't look so bad yourself" They were busy staring at each other when her mother came "Who is it Sara?" Then she took a look at Shubman. "Shub, beta, come in."  Shub smiled and gave her the bouquet "This one's for you maam."

After her mother left Shub pulled her to a corner and said, "I bought something. For you" "What?" He gave her a box. She opened it to see a beautiful necklace with a rose carved in the centre. She was speechless, "You really didn't have to-" he sushed her by putting his finger on her lips, "I know I just wanted to." they stood there for a while before separating from each other. "Wait, let me" he helped her where the necklace. "You should go, they are waiting for you." he nodded and left.

🎶Usne baat ki kuch aise dhang se
Sapne de gaya woh hazaro rang ke
Reh jau jaise mein har ke
aur choome mujhe woh pyar se🎶

There was a storm inside her. That same feeling when the internet was flooded with their rumours. She knew it wasn't right for her to feel this but she did. And the worst part was she enjoyed it.

The party started. Vi bhai and Ro bhai were fighting for Mahi bhais attention where Mahi bhai and Yuvi bhai were fighting for Sourav chachu's attention. It was as if The large family of ICT had reunited. Sourav Chachu clicked his glass and stood up.

"Good evening everyone. I want to speak on something that is the main reason why we are all here and I will be addressing this to the current team and especially Rohit. Speaking from my personal experience I can confirm something, results aren't in our hand it is the efforts that matter. To Rohit, when we lost the final, I deemed myself a failed captain and so did others but if you can give your best and win the hearts of the people, even if you don't win the cup, you will have a true victory. We have Mahiya, Yuvi, Sach even Virat who was a part of the 2011 squad but just remember a champion team is not necessarily the winning team."

He finished his speech and the entire room burst with applaud. The conversation slowly shifted and changed into something else and throughout it all Shub made eye contact with.

🎶Chahe tum kuch na kaho, maine sun liya
ke saathi pyar ka mujhe chun liya, maine sun liya🎶

Once their was music and everyone was dancing along with their partners Sara felt a little out of place when she saw a girl at the food counter. She walked up to the girl with a smile. "Hi, Raima right? Shreyas's girlfriend" "I am Raima but not his girlfriend. I am his manager. You are Sara. I know." "Oh sorry actually you came with him so I was a  bit confused." She gave her a warm smile and said that it was okay. She was relieved. They spoke for quiet a while. Sara liked her. She had a feeling they are gonna be very good friends.

They were in the middle of a conversation when Shreyas came in. He greeted Sara and said, "Mind if I steal Rai for a while?" "Not as long as you return her. We were having a lot of fun." He laughed and pulled her aside. Even though they moved Sara could hear their conversation.

"Han bolo" Raima said, "Tumne medicine le li thi na? Headache wapas to nahi aya?" He asked concerned "Ha baba I'm fine waise bhi it was a minor headache." She replied "Major ho ya minor headache headache hi hota hai. Waise I'm glad you are having fun with Sara. See I know you are nervous around new people so please koi bhi problem ho to mujhe bolna. Hmm?" "Ha baba dont worry. You go have fun with your friends."

She smiled hearing their conversation. Once she returned Sara asked, "You get nervous around new people? And sorry I wasn't meaning to eavesdrop." "Its ok and yes I get very nervous. Tumhe pata hai when I first started managing Yas I was so starstruck and nervous around him even be noticed slowly slowly he started to make me feel more comfortable aur ab to main uske sath jhagda bhi karta hun." She laughed.

Sara smirked and in an attempt to tease her she said, "Waise he is kaafi caring for a friend" "You know I wouldn't call him my friend. Of course we spent a lot of time together and he has become an integral part of my life he isn't really my friend-" She suddenly stopped after realising what the purpose of her question was "Omg. Are you teasing me? You know people living in glass houses shouldn't be throwing stones." she said with raised eyebrows. Her face flushed "What do you mean?" "kuch nahi" "Lets do something kal lets go out for a day then we can talk about all this." "Fine by me."

~•~