Chapter 1

Grayson's POV:

   1425 Castle of Dimitrescu

  I fix my dress and sigh heavily before I exit my chambers to walk towards mother's study where she usually is. As I walk across the top of our stairs I see some villagers being escorted in by some of our maids.

  I knock on the door of Mother's study before walking in. "Guests have arrived, mother," I inform her and she put on her hat before standing up making me look up at her with a smile.

"Splendid, darling. Go get your sisters and do inform them one last time to be on their best behaviors tonight. If you girls are, I will let you all pick one mortal from this ball to eat," Mother tells me and I nod with a grin.

  "Yes, Mother. And by the way you look lovely," I respond changing my grin into a soft smile making Mother give me one back.

  "As do you, darling," she tells me gently and I blush slightly with a shy smile before bowing my head and walked out of her study to go inform my sisters.

I knock on Bela's chamber door and walked in seeing my sisters twirling around in their dresses, giggling. I smile at the sight.

"Sisters, our guests have arrived. Mother said to be on our best behaviors and if we are, she will allow us to pick a mortal to eat," I announce making them stop and squeal in excitement.

   Bela bounds over to me and loops our arms together. "Well, little sisters let's be on our best behaviors tonight. Let's go," she says with a grin and together we walked out of her room with Cassandra and Daniela following.

   We walk over to our mother who's in the shadows looking over at the guests who are milling around the ball room.

   She looks up and sees us making her smile that one genuine smile she has reserved only for us before moving to the top of the stairs and descended down them gracefully.

  "Welcome to Castle Dimitrescu. I see a lot of new faces here so let me introduce myself. I'm Lady Dimitrescu and these are my daughters. Bela, Grayson, Cassandra, and Daniela Dimitrescu. We welcome you to our castle and to enjoy the ball," Mother announces making the guests nod in thanks and we give them a small wave as we follow our mother.

    The band begins playing elegant music and our servers brought the foods and drinks. I grab a glass of wine from a server's tray before walking around greeting a few guest here and there.

   Nothing too special. My sisters seem to be enjoying themselves but even I'm sure mother can see that they're scanning the guests for potential meals.

I'll admit I am too. I set my empty glass on a table just as a blonde man walks over. "Would you like to dance, my lady?" He softly asks as he held out his hand.

I smile politely and nod before setting my hand in his which allowed him to lead me towards the dance floor. We fix our hands that are clasped and I set my hand on his arm then we began dancing.

    He doesn't seem familiar. I know all of the people in the outskirt village and he isn't one of them. "You don't seem familiar. Are you new to the village?" I comment with a friendly smile as he twirls me slightly.

  "Yes, my family and I. We like to travel and stay at new places for a few months or a year before moving on," he answers smoothly while staring intensely into my golden eyes.

  Hmm interesting. "So you guys are travelers?" I mused as we twirl around the dance floor but being mindful of the other guests.

   He nods, "yes, my lady. My three other siblings and I started traveling after our parents passing. We've loved it ever since especially our baby sister."