-- The Truth --

-- N --

Tell her. Not now. She needs to know. But what if I mess up?

 My mind was whirling. I hope I wasn't giving off vibes of my intense thoughts, since I really didn't want to ruin the mood between Uzi and me. "So, how's your life going?" I asked, hoping to take my mind off the idea it was screaming at me about. "Oh! Well, it's going good. I'm super excited for my future, since I want to know how to, y'know, grow? In some way? I'm not really sure." She said, shrugging with a sheepish smile. I nodded. "I wanna do that too. Since er, I'm not really supposed to.. kill anybody anymore."

I patted the beanbag softly, really surprised at how soft it was. Apparently Uzi saw my tail wagging happily, cause she said: "You like the beanbag, huh? You could take it to the pod if you want." and smiled. I looked at her with an astonished expression. "Really? That's nice of you, but I think you can keep it. If I dragged this thing back with me, J would definitely get on my nerves." I said, chuckling a little. Uzi laughed as well. "Yeah, she'd probably do that."

A loud noise sounded from the hallway outside Uzi's bedroom door. "Uzi! We're home!" called a voice that was definitely Khan. I jumped up with a startle. Uzi opened the window and let me squeeze out into the open. "Thanks for the time, Uzi. See you tomorrow!" I said. I smiled at her, waved, and ran into the flora outside her window.

My steps were quick as I swept through the growth with my mind flying. Will J notice I'm gone? Last time I checked, she was asleep. I hope she didn't notice I'm gone. She better not. I saw the pod in the distance and slowed down. I was panting with exhaustion and opened the door. My heart nearly jumped out of my chest when J was staring at me coldly at the other end of the doorway. "J! You scared me!" I yelped, now collapsed on the snow. J bent over to stare harder. "Where were you?!" She yelled. "Just out for a bit! Jeez, why are you so interested in my life all of a sudden since-" He yelled back, about to mention V. "Since we escaped the cathedral!" I finished.

J stood up and sighed. "I know what you're thinking about. Ever since V died, I feel like I have to protect you, in her honor. If the purple midget is gonna hurt you, don't say I didn't warn ya. The Absolute Solver may be gone, but there might still be a hint of Cyn in her." She said. I stared at her with shock. She just wanted to protect me? "Well I don't understand. Why don't you trust Uzi? As far as I know, she's been perfectly fine and hasn't done anything wrong. I would know; I've been with her when her files were hacked to remove the Solver."

I could remember her laying down on a hard platform as she was shutdown for the surgery. Her cold hands were clasped in mine, as I worried with all my heart, praying she would be okay. Praying she'll be fine. I took my mind off the flashback. Of course she was okay. J stepped back and let me through the pod. "Okay, but be careful, N." J said.