Part 6

The cool, cold air feels attached to the skin. A black jacket gives a comfortable feel to the body. This autumn season is getting stronger. More and more leaves are falling. Not to mention the air is getting colder. Now he came to the house where he took Aulia home again. Nolan recalled the time he came to Edgar's old house again. The atmosphere is still the same. Nothing had changed about this house since the last time he came here. He didn't come to this house much at that time either. Spend more time on the basketball court and hanging out with others. It had been a long time since he had contact with anyone from that team. Because there is no longer much free time to have fun like before.

              Yes, he knew that the shop had been around since Nolan was a child. As a teenager, he once came to this place with a ball in his right hand. An old man is arranging wine bottles on a shelf neatly and carefully. The smell of wine was very strong. Of course, because this shop provides various kinds of wine. Nolan shouted for Edgar but instead he answered the call because Edgar had already gone to the field first.

              These memories came when he saw the location and building of this shop. Three floors with an ancient Alsace building model. He parked the car in a nearby parking lot. After parking it, his hand opened the car door and his feet stepped out of the car. He closed the door, then he locked the car. The man walked slowly back to the shop he had passed briefly by car. This parking lot is located not far from the shop. Only four buildings away from the parking lot.

              His hand opened the glass door of the shop. The sound of the small bell hanging on the door could be heard ringing. Aloys, who was calculating last month's expenses, stood up suddenly. He left all the notes on his desk and welcomed Nolan. Aloys thought there was a new customer who wanted to look at the wine in this shop. He also gave Nolan a friendly welcome. However, his welcome was met with a question he did not expect.

              "Excuse me. Are you Edgar's father?" Nolan immediately wanted to make sure he wasn't in the wrong place.

              "Yes, I am. Do I know you?" Aloys looked confused by this familiar face. He also wondered how the man in the black jacket knew that he was Edgar's father. He tried to remember the shape of this face but couldn't remember the slightest memory of when he met him.

              "I am Nolan. Edgar's old friend." Nolan tried to remind him again. Aloys' face still looked confused.

              "Sorry, I'm too old and it's not easy to remember. Is there anything I can help you with?"

              Yes, Nolan wouldn't be surprised if he didn't remember. They had only met once and that too not for long. It has been many years since those memories occurred. Especially with Aloys' age, it's definitely not easy to remember events that have passed so long ago.

              "May I know where Edgar is at the moment?"

              Aloys glanced to the left and looked away. He turned his back to Nolan. Nolan didn't expect his response. A little guilt felt deep in his heart because he had made the atmosphere unpleasant. Aloys is also pessimistic. There will definitely be no changes in Edgar even if he meets his old friend again.

Aloys also doesn't know how long this will continue like this. When will this problem end? Everything was just a mystery to him. Aloys and Carole have been there many times. Not the slightest response was visible. They only brought the food they bought on the way and put it on the table near the entrance. They didn't want Edgar to get sick from his unhealthy food; instant food. That's all that's happened for years. Every Sunday afternoon they do the same thing. Still no change. They also didn't know whether Edgar ate the food they gave him or not.