Part 9

Time continues to pass. The lights on the street began to turn on to illuminate the dark night that had begun to greet us. No stars are visible. The wine shop still had several visitors. But not like usual. Don't know why there aren't too many shop visitors today. Carole stood to the east of the shop to help Aloys serve their customers who were also local residents. Aloys had just finished calculating the price of the drink their other customer would buy.

              Unexpectedly, something surprising greeted their attention at the same time. The sound of a very loud push on the door startled them. The attention of all of them, including the newcomers to this shop, was turned to the girl. The arrival of the girl attracted the attention of many people. Not because of her appearance or friendliness but because of the way she expresses her emotions.

              After Aulia rushed to open the shop door, she ran into the house and into her room. Aloys and Carole wanted to greet him as friendly as usual. They still hoped that Aulia would respond like yesterday but Aulia's footsteps were too fast for her to hear the greeting.

              Aloys asked Carole to continue serving their customers and she wanted to follow Aulia.

              "Sorry, may I meet her for a few minutes?" Aloys said goodbye politely to their guests. Their customers don't mind this either. Seeing Aulia's expression just now, they understood that something had happened to the girl.

              Aloys opened the door into the house and met Carole's gaze, who was also looking at the stairs from the kitchen. They looked at each other with messages from their gazes that wanted to ask each other questions.

              Aulia locked the bedroom door and jumped on the bed and cried. She wanted to vent her feelings without knowing what to do to get rid of this burden and wound. A fleeting encounter with a man she really hated. Her heart was too broken to see him again. Never in her mind that she could meet him, looking at him from a distance was already a very piercing ordeal and reopened his deepest wounds.

              Aloys knocked on Aulia's door.

              "Aulia! Are you okay?"

              Aulia heard the sound but she ignored it. It was just a bitter memory that had been on her mind for a long time. A memory that she doesn't want to remember and is also hard to forget. Did I do something wrong to have to face all that?

              The night after her mother was gone.

              Aulia couldn't sleep because she still missed her beloved mother. She still wanted to feel the touch, enjoy the food, and listen to her playing the piano. Without her, Aulia doesn't know what her life would be like after this. This midnight feels very heartbreaking. She wanted to sleep with his father tonight. Earlier she saw his father come out carrying a lot of things. He didn't say goodbye, let alone tell her his destination. Aulia hopes that by now he will be back at home.

              Aulia rushed to move to her parents' room which was near the dining table. This house, which is not too large, actually makes her feel like she is not afraid to leave his room in the middle of the night. The lights in the living room are off. Aulia turned on one of the lights so she wouldn't hit the interior of this room.

              Right away, Aulia realized. The bright lights indicated that the door to his parents' room was open. She didn't understand why the bedroom door wasn't closed. Has Edgar fallen asleep? Aulia walked into the room.

              Aulia turned on the room light. There were only messy pillows and blankets on the bed. The bathroom door was also wide open but there was not the slightest light inside. Aulia kept the bathroom light on. Blank. There is no one in this room at all.