Chapter 1.3

It had been decided, after the fire had been put out we would stay with our neighbors for the night before traveling down the mountain and south toward a small town named Foosha Village. 

Apparently, mom had a cousin who owned a bar there and we would be helping them as we got back on our feet. I had agreed to this, not only would it get us out of danger of that bandit and his gang of ruffians, but I was also sure that 'Foosha Village' was the town Luffy was from.

.

.

.

I had gotten mother to wait for the explanation to all her questions until we were heading out and away from prying ears. She had agreed and told me were heading out just before morning light. 

That night, as I slowly drifted to sleep next to mother on a floor mat in the living room of our neighbor's house. Flashes of people and actions danced across my vision as I slept though the night. 

Awaking up the next morning felt like a severe case of deja-vu . Every action around me felt slow and at the same time not, at anytime I could change anything and everything around me and the outcomes they caused.

As we left our small village at the break of dawn, more and more actions reminded me of the dreams of last night. Small things at first, like how both dream mom and real mom had taken the time as soon as we awoke, to braid our hair for journey. Or how, as we started walking and the sky changed into the lighter hues of day my eyes began to hurt just like in my dream. 

The colors of the world were becoming blindingly bright and I had to squint with my eyes barely open to walk. 

By the time mom had noticed, we were already a few hours on the trail down the mountain. We stopped and mother examined my eyes, before looking though our travel-bags for cloth. She then gently tided a tread-bear dark grey scarf over my eyes, we then adjusted it so that I could see though the scarf slightly. 

It actually helped, and I took note of that verses being about to see more clearly at night. I definitely needed that Encyclopedia, and soon... especially because those same actions, even down to the color of cloth that was provided were exactly like my dreams.

As we trekked down the mountain pass I told mom what had happened in full detail. How hypnotizing the devil fruit had been, like it called to me. She said that eating the fruit had to be the cause of us having names of people tattooed on our arms, and that she would get us an encyclopedic as soon as we were settled but not to worry too much about it as of yet, since we didn't know its meaning. 

I agreed whole-heartily, because there could be a lot of meanings... hears hoping that it's something fun

.

.

.

It took until late afternoon to get from our small name-less hamlet in the mountains to the hills and plains of the country-side location of Foosha Village.  

As we arrived in town, and made our way to a bar near the ocean named "Party's Bar." Named after mother's uncle "Party" Patty. Who had died a few years back and now her cousin, Makino (Patty's daughter) had taken over the bar. 

This made sense, and explained the actions of my mother and this Makino when they meet in my dreams...

|A.N.| 

This will be the end of chapter one's "chapters." 

After Luffy appears we will be time-skipping to the first episode of One Piece and doing random flash backs where needed. On that note: would you like to see how Luffy and Mila meet? Or flash back to it when other members of the crew ask?

*- While our main character (Mila), as you've guessed, can see the future. She will stick close to the knowledge she had from her last life watching One Piece. Mind you, this is a slight 'fix-it' type of story.