I'm Luffy! The Man Who's Gonna Be King of the Pirates!

Today was the day! 

I had had a vision the night before of the many ways that today could play out and was set for anything...

Having gotten up early to pack, I set out to wait at the docks for the Pirate King to finally appear. I was leaning against the railing of the docks looking out on the ocean, as I pushed my hair from my face I caught sight of the two names tattooed onto the inside of my wrist, and smiled sweetly at the names.

When the noise of different members of the island village got my attention, and looked up to see villagers following a man who belonged to one of those two names on my wrist.

Monkey D. Luffy

My Best-Friend, My Confidante, My Captain, My King.

My smile grew even wider when I caught Luffy's eye, as his normal smile doubled in size and started picking up his pace as he grew closer.

He then shot his arms out, gently grabbing my waist, he pulling me to him while shouting "Milllllaaaa!!! There you are!" 

Soon I was squashed against Luffy in a death-like grip as he whispered lightly in my ear that he missed me. I smiled and said, "I missed you too, Luffy. But you realize you saw me just last night, right?"

"Yeah! But you weren't there when I came to get you this morning," he pouted.

"That's because you had things to do this morning that had nothing to do with me, Luffy."

"But you could have come anyway, I'm sure Ace and Sabo wouldn't have minded."

"True." I said as I thought about my 'big brothers' and how I could get away with anything around them as long as I cried. But Luffy was only one to never care or scold me about what I would get up to. Only getting sad if I didn't let him know, which I my opinion is even worse... A sad Luffy? 

That's Not Okay!

"Are you ready to go, My Mila?" Luffy asked as he started putting a large barrel on the small dingy boat with room for three about three people. Nodding my head 'yes,' being my mind back to the present. I pulled my satchel up my arm and over my head, already aware that Luffy hadn't brought anything but the clothes on his back, and a barrel full of food. I, however, had a few pieces clothes for each of us, as well as my small savings from working at the Party's Bar with Makino, and a baby-transponder snail to talk to family with.

Luffy was already standing in the boat waiting as I walked up to the dingy. I made a small face in slight fear, as I had had an irrational fear of large bodies of water, ever before being born into this world. 

Now with the devil fruit I possessed, it wasn't so much of an irrational fear any more...

Luffy laughed at the face I was making, then grabbed me softly and placed me onto the boat next him just as lightly. I whispered a small "thank you" and turned to the gathered village members, waving good-bye.

"Have fun! and Mila, I told your mother that you were heading out with Luffy today!" Makino shouted from the docks. I gave a big thumbs up that I had heard her, then yelled back that I would call when we reached our first island.

My mom having left for the high seas years ago, after finding out that Shanks, the man who gave Luffy his straw-hat, was one of names tattooed to the inside of her wrist.  From then on I had mostly been raised by Makino, after turning 6, Mother and Shanks went looking for the second name, Dracule Mihawk. Because Shanks knew the man, and where to start looking. \A.N.| -Shanks stayed in the East Blue and at Dawn Island for about a year going by the show and manga, this would be when Luffy was 6 to 7, Mila is a year and half younger at 5 to 5 1/2 years old.