A Terrifying Mysterious Power! Captain Buggy, the Clown Pirate!

(Scene from: "Luffy's Past! Enter Red-Haired Shanks!")

We had been sailing for a few days now, and with all three of us being directionally challenged getting anywhere fast was a hard thing to handle. 

We had run out of food yesterday evening, as Luffy laid over the side of the side of boat complaining of starvation and Zoro wondering when we would reach land.

"Isn't kind of weird that someone tryin' to be King of the Pirates doesn't have any navigational skills?!" Zoro shot back as their complaining got more heated.

I shifted positions, eyes closed. 

.

.

.

Last night had been a fitful sleep, as the future played out in my dreams, creating different avenues of adventure, and different choices that lead to different endings.    

I had awoke several times in the night, once I found Luffy and Zoro having a conversation about me. Luffy had proudly shown off his wrist at Zoro's questions, "Mila's Devil Fruit effects her body oddly. My name on the same spot on Mila's body. It's called a soul-mark, she 'inspires' people to come together." As Luffy gently touched the inside of his wrist. "That's how she says it works, you can't force love." 

Luffy looked up then and smiled at Zoro, "If you asked I'm sure she would do it for you. She did it for her Ma once, and they found Shanks that way. He's her Da, and the man who gave me this straw hat." He said touching the hat that had ended up on his head when I had first fallen asleep earlier in the night. Going on to tell Zoro how we had all meet and the events surrounding Shanks, Ma and I.  |A.N| I didn't want to go fully into the episode, as there are multiple times that they have flashbacks to Luffy's childhood. Mila loves telling people how her and Luffy meet and I want to wait until she talks about it herself.

I moved around in my half-sleep way, still listening but drifting back to sleep. Luffy turned and  reached across the small boat and moved my satchel into a move comfortable position for me as he continued speaking. "Mila has restless nights and her dreams predict the future." He then moved the hair away from my face when it had started tickling my nose. 

Luffy turning back and looking at Zoro again, "She'll never outright say anything about the choices you make in life but she will know things even without you needing to tell her. She hides it well, but I can see just how boring the life around her is." He then pet my hair for a few moments before bring his hand back to himself, with a sad smile. "I can also see her ambition to fix the future. To make everyone she knows happy."  

Zoro didn't ask any more questions about me for the rest of the night. 

.

.

.

"It's not weird. We just drifted around." Luffy said defending himself for Zoro's questions. I sat up slightly, stretched myself awake. I, then grabbed onto the side of the boat as I asked my own question. 

"But aren't you a bounty hunter who wandered the high seas?" Raising my eyebrow, my grip tightly slowing.

"I have no memory of ever even calling myself a bounty hunter," Zoro shot back, then sighed. "I set onto the sea in search of a certain man... but then couldn't get back to my village. I had no choice, so I just went after pirate ships to earn a living."

"Oh. So you're just lost." Luffy started bluntly.

"Don't put it like that!" Zoro exclaimed in anger, rocking the boat. I just held on, as I watched Luffy's hat get caught on the wind, and float up and over the sail.