Clash With the Black Cat Pirates! The Great Battle On the Slope!

|A.N.| - Because of Mila's devil fruit gifts, the less the group as a whole will have to do things the hard way. This will cut screen time per episodes at times quite short, as  it will be skipping things that could have 'tripped' up the Straw-Hats as a group. And something that happened over and over again with the Straw-Hats is the lack of knowledge before going in.

 .

.

.

It was the middle of the night now... the surf rose and fell against the rocky beach as we stood in the light of the moon.

I had been staring out at those waves when Usopp called us into a group. He then started the conversation with confidence, "At daybreak the pirates will be landing at this shore to begin their attack."

 I sighed, then raised my hand. Interrupting Usopp's next line, as I scratch the side of my head hesitantly. "Umm... actually..." I looked over at Luffy as if asking for help.

Only for Luffy, very bluntly I might add, state, "Mila can see the future..." He said slinging an arm around me and smiled down at me.

"You can?" "What?!" Usopp and Nami asked at once.

I just smiled slightly, then with a nod said "Usopp your idea about the cliff-sides and path to the village is correct, but this island has two of these paths," I said raising up two fingers." On either end of the island." I then motioned toward the opposite side of the island from us.

"Yeah.. but they were on this beach side when they talked about the plan?" Usopp said 

"And?" I asked back. "Why would they use the same beach side that they made their plans on? What if people saw them together? Besides I wasn't suggesting that this spot was wrong, more that we are lacking coverage over the area, as a whole."

I motioned again toward the opposite side of the island. "I suggest actually, for Nami and Usopp to cover this side, then Luffy and Zoro the other. Usopp, you wanted to pour oil right?" I asked, and he nodded with a surprised look. I motioned to the other two, "Luffy and Zoro are directionally challenged the best of days," only to be interrupting by twin, "Hey!" in the background. 

"So..."  I continued looking at the two sternly for being rude. "It's best to have them on the other side where combat will be taking place. When day breaks, however, I want the side with no pirates to head to the other side of island then." Looking at Nami and Usopp respectfully.  

 Nami nodded looking slightly relieved before remembering that was where we had docked the boats with our treasure, looked at the boys, demanding that they had better keep her treasure safe. 

Then Usopp asked why we didn't just go the other side and dump the oil there instead.

I tilted my head to side, "Mmm... the point is to cover all entrances/exits Usopp. Even if I  know where the enemies will be, you do not. Would you not feel safer knowing your back is covered?" I asked back.

Everyone nodded back, also liking the notion of coverage. "But what about you Mila?" Zoro then asked, pointing out that I mentioned everyone's name but my own.   

I smiled cheekily at Zoro, and complimented him for catching that. "I will be protecting the target." I said simply.

"The target?" Nami asked slightly confused.

"Miss Kaya, the target." I said.

"Kaya! No! I should be the one to protect her!" Usopp shouted honorably "She's like my little sister!"